Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. We exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this through our Gatherings, our Groups, our Giving and our Going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective, we group to put this inspired life into practice, we give to produce growth, and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
The Facilities Coordinator will steward the physical resources of the church, overseeing the building and grounds. Ensure proper care and function of the property in order to serve the programs and people of the church. Be responsible for the cleanliness of the building and grounds, event set-up, building maintenance, and security. He/she will be hands on in the maintenance of the property, as well as oversee the part-time custodial staff and volunteer facilities team.
Leadership & Coordination of Facilities
- Lead and coordinate scheduling for a team of part-time custodians and volunteers.
- Coordinate service contracts, inspections, repairs, etc. (E.g. waste management, HVAC, elevator, fire inspection, etc.)
- Monitor facility systems and equipment, addressing concerns as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Administration to oversee larger renovations.
- Maintain logbooks and other documentation required to ensure government standards / requirements.
- Work with the Director and other ministries on facility / health and safety related policies and procedures.
Custodial & Set-ups
- Perform basic cleaning duties and replenishing of supplies as required during the week.
- Coordinate custodial staff to ensure the facilities are clean for weekly events and weekend services.
- Monitor and maintain cleaning equipment and custodial supplies.
- Partner with the Office Coordinator for event set-up/tear-down as needed for ministry and rental use.
Building & Property Maintenance
- Opening and closing of the church during week, and coordinate as required for ministry use.
- Maintain all HVAC, electrical and plumbing in the building.
- Serve as general handyman and organize service contractors as needed.
- Ensure all general storage areas are organized and clean.
- Coordinate grounds maintenance (i.e. lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.)
Health & Safety
- Ensure the church is maintained in a safe manner and in compliance with government / OHSA standards.
- Act as main contact for the church alarm system.
- Work with vendors for routine safety inspections. Perform preventative inspections as required.
- Manage the key database and distribution of keys as required.
- Maintain facilities documentation / files and monitor the facilities budget.
- Assist with church events as required.
- Assist Worship, IT and Communications on the functioning of technical equipment, set design, signage, etc. as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Ability to plan and implement a cleaning program and perform cleaning procedures/processes.
- Ability to operate basic gardening equipment, and perform basic maintenance and repairs with appropriate power tools.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a routine environment.
- Ability to climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs and carry out manual work.
- Proficient use of a computer for internet searches, email, basic use of the church database, smartphone, MS Word and Excel.
- Very good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team of staff and volunteers; building relationships with congregants, volunteers, staff and external contacts.
- Attention to detail with an appreciation for the presentation and safety of the property.
- Ability to be on call for security and emergencies as related to the facilities.
- Vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Previous custodial and or building maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, security and electrical systems.
- Understanding of health and safety as related to facilities, including emergency procedures, basic first aid and CPR training, etc.
- Supervisory / leadership experience an asset.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. The position will be on-call for emergencies and security matters, as well as work Sundays if required, in order to serve the needs of the church and its members.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6270 ]