The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the Greeter Team Lead, the Greeter is responsible for providing a welcoming first impression to everyone entering the facility. The role will address any visitor questions and direct them towards the appropriate areas (e.g. admissions area, conference rooms, classrooms). This position will be based in the Royal Alberta Museum and requires the candidate to wear a uniform, maintaining a professional image in alignment with the museum and The Mustard Seed.
This position is part of the Employment Program and will be part of a team that is committed to reintegration, developing hope and skills while providing a healthy and supportive workplace.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome visitors to the museum and provide directions (parking, LRT, admissions area, conference rooms, theatre, washrooms, classrooms, etc.)
- Answer guests’ questions about the museum and The Mustard Seed
- Manage line-ups at Admissions or at the Children & Bug Galleries
- Assist security in identifying and resolving suspicious behaviours
- Participate in all staff training and attend regular team meetings and coaching sessions
- Provide additional support to other Greeters if and when scheduled as a Shift Lead
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Previous customer service experience or training is an asset, but not required
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people including children
- Willingness to work on weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings
- Willingness to be part of the Employment Program which involves personal & professional goal setting, accountability, and coaching
- Committed to working scheduled shifts with a positive attitude
- A team player who is receptive of constructive feedback from other team members
- Ability to maintain proper attire and personal hygiene
- This is a part-time fixed term position (shift work) working 9 to 20 hours per week— Monday to Sunday from 9:45 am to 8 pm. Weekend availability is required.
- Museum setting, extended standing and walking for long periods of time
- Mental effort: moderate, periods of high traffic and ability to assist guests
- Interacting with the general public
- Employment Security Check is required
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6276 ]