Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Bancroft, Ontario , K0L1C0
All lifeguards must be NLS certified.
Major responsibilities, be they supervision/planning or everyday duties to be fulfilled including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Supervise all guests and staff using the waterfront facilities, whether swimming, boating or on the shore and ensure their safety at all times. This includes establishing and enforcing posted rules in effect during all camp hours.
- Assist with the setup at the waterfront: slide-dock, buoy lines, guard chairs, ski docks, buddy boards, poles and rope for barricade etc.
- Participate in training facilitated by the Head Lifeguard, learn and implement emergency procedures.
- Participate in any training that is required to work as a Lifeguard at JOY.
- Facilitate swimming tests for youth camp guests
- Maintain order and organization of Lifeguard Shack and swimming area
- Assist in program elements as scheduled and/or requested by the Recreational Program team in coordination with the Head Lifeguard
- Participate in a weekly changeover cleaning team, as well as perform daily cleaning tasks.
- Assist the Children’s Ministry Coordinators in Family Camp children’s programming and with childcare
- Provision of staff accommodation and meals for the duration of the work term stated in the official job offer.
- Equipment (sound, sport, administration) and materials will be available as either equipment on- hand or as consumable materials according to budgets.
- Required for ten weeks; training week, 5 weeks of Family and 4 weeks of youth camps
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6297 ]