Full Time Manager
Full Time Manager
New Store Opening Spring 2019
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 50 Mission Thrift Stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store Lindsay will be opening a new store location in the Town of Lindsay, ON and is seeking a full-time Manager to be involved in the start up and opening of this location, and who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The ideal candidate will have strong relational qualities, be able to train and lead volunteers to effectively operate the store. The Manager needs to be vibrant, passionate and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and deliver exceptional customer service, understand inventory control, pricing, health and safety regulations, delegating, motivating, marketing and financial management.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include, but is not limited to opening in prayer at Mission Thrift Store Board and/or Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events, BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand retail sales, leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations;
- Understand all federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, etc.;
- Experience in human resources management;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication
Management experience in a retail setting; experience with non-profit/ voluntary sector would be considered an asset.
The Manager will be working in a retail / office environment and would be responsible for the thrift store operation, which includes assigning and monitoring a team of volunteers. The Manager will be required to work days, some weekends, and must be available to attend regular Board meetings with the Directors.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Lindsay, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by April 15, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Full Job Description available upon request
BFM (Lindsay) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6300 ]