Oakville, Ontario , L6M 1X7
Glen Abbey United Church is inviting applications for a Music Director. Located in Oakville, Ontario, Glen Abbey is a welcoming and inclusive faith community. Music, both modern and traditional, is an important part of the spiritual life of Glen Abbey.
- Provide leadership, direction and accompaniment for the choir, and lead weekly rehearsals
- Choose anthems and other music based on themes provided by the Minister
- Provide worship leadership through musical accompaniment for the congregation, including Sunday worship services, and other services (e.g. weddings and memorials, for which additional fees will be paid)
- Plan prelude, postlude and other musical offerings; co-ordinate and support other musicians and vocalists within annual music budget
- Encourage congregants to develop and share their musical talents (vocal and instrumental)
- Work collaboratively with the larger worship team, especially for Easter and Christmas seasons
This part-time position is based on approximately 8 hours/wk (6 hours/wk in July and August). The successful candidate will plan 52 weeks of music and be available to play for 46 Sunday services, providing a replacement when not available
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Mastery of piano and competency of organ, to accompany congregation, choir, soloists
- Ability to program and play a wide variety of musical genres
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Previous church experience or experience working with the United Church of Canada is advantageous, but not a prerequisite.
Glen Abbey has a Kawai GE-30 grand piano and an Allen MDS-36 digital organ.
For further information about Glen Abbey United Church, please visit our website at www.glenabbeyunitedchurch.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 6305 ]