Director of Development & Community Engagement
Director of Development & Community Engagement
Paris, Ontario , N3L 2M6
We are looking for an innovative, outside-the-box thinker who is passionate about Jesus and serving marginalized people in Canada.
Position: Part Time (mostly days with evening and weekend availability, starting immediately).
Location: Flexible (Southwestern Ontario preferred)
The Raw Carrot Soup Enterprise has a vision to provide a “Hand Up” instead of a handout to people in need in communities in Canada.
The Raw Carrot is a not-for-profit social franchise that partners with churches and charities to provide meaningful employment for individuals who are marginalized due to disAbilities and mental illness. We create healthy, handcrafted gourmet soup that is sold in farmers markets and retail locations throughout Ontario.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual who has a passion for social justice, is missions-minded and wants to serve God by joining our leadership team in Ontario. We are small, but mighty in passion.
This senior level position reports to The Raw Carrot Soup Enterprise Co-Directors and has operational responsibility for organizational fundraising and community engagement.
Fundraising efforts are inclusive (but not limited to) gifts and donations, corporate sponsorship, impact/angel investing, event planning or social impact bonds. Community Engagement is equally important in raising the profile and visibility of The Raw Carrot Soup Enterprise in Ontario (and Canada).
This is a new position, so you are free to dream up the strategies that you feel would work best to support and build a successful long-term ministry. Small-business start up mentality required. You will have the freedom to do what you are great at within a flexible time frame and with other people who are energized by their jobs, are sold-out to the mission and are supportive of developing people who thrive in their gifts. This is not for the faint of heart, but for a courageous, creative leader. Is that you? We are looking for someone who feels called to this ministry by God and we will discern that together.
Strategic & Operational Leadership
- Determine appropriate goals and metrics for fundraising programs; monitor and report on progress against goals and on the key activities of fundraising programs and initiatives.
- Work with Kitchen Managers to ensure full integration and coordination of their programs to maximize donor engagement and fundraising results.
- Ensure that all fundraising programs and activities fall within ethical, fiscal, and legal standards and CRA rules, and Raw Carrot policies.
Fundraising Planning & Management
- Oversee all giving and events.
- Attendance at and encouragement of donor stewardship and cultivation at community giving events.
Communications & Donor Relations
- Lead the development of stewardship strategies and practices for fundraising for The Raw Carrot.
- Oversee the development of social media campaigns and newsletter donor lists.
Collaborative Relationship Building
- Develop positive relationships with donors, volunteers, and community members.
- Identify possible volunteers to act as ambassadors for The Raw Carrot to help develop and solicit major gift prospects.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to any volunteers who partner in fundraising activities.
Social Finance and Revenue Innovation
Represent The Raw Carrot to potential Investors and draft communications and lead the creation of sales tools to attract impact investments.
- An outward Christian faith and active involvement in a church (reference required)
- University or College degree in a related field (Fundraising, Marketing, Management, Impact Investment), Or equivalent in lived experience.
- Minimum of 3 years (successful) fundraising experience.
- Experience in a position that requires a significant amount of self-initiative.
- A people-person who is passionate about building relationship with donors and prospective donors.
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Computer literacy – proficiency in word processing and internet use/social media marketing
- Experience effectively using donor management systems for fundraising and reporting
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
- CFRE or related designation is desirable but not essential
- Access to a car for travel and a personal cell phone
Commensurate with experience, plus mileage & cell stipend
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. The Raw Carrot would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please prepare your resume and cover letter in addition to filling out the following form:
- First & last name & Email address
- Please provide us with a link to your resume (via google drive, drop box or another file-sharing app)
- Please provide us with a link to your cover letter (via google drive, drop box or another file-sharing app)
- Tell us a little about your faith journey
- How many years have you been fundraising (professional, volunteer, or lived experience)?
- What's your favorite donor database?
- What skills and experience do you bring to this position?
- What are the skills you'd like to further develop in this position? What experience would you like to gain?
- Why are you the perfect fit to work with The Raw Carrot Soup Enterprise?
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 6310 ]