Stoney Creek, Ontario , L8J 2M9
This position is designed to address both the immediate ministry needs of Heritage Green and offers opportunity for a person to gain experience and continue personal development. Ministry with youth and preaching are included in this associate position. Heritage Green can offer mentoring. We have been a field education church for seminary and college students and supervision for pastors working toward ordination. This would be an appropriate position for a person studying at school or seeking a part time ministry.
- Part time Contract
- Average 14 hours per week
Overview of Church and Community
Heritage Green Baptist is a small church with a mix of people who have been followers of Christ for many years, some new to following Christ and inquirers. In the past the church has had an active youth ministry and summer programs for children and youth. The surrounding community is a diverse suburban area of Stoney Creek.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate theological degree or master level theological education or in progress.
- Evident faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Able to affirm the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec “This we believe” resource.
- Able to affirm position statements adopted by Heritage Green Baptist Church.
Role and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for ministry with primarily junior high aged students.
- To preach ten times per year. (Preaching an average of one time per month.)
- Oversee summer program and people hired through Canada Summer jobs.
- A deep and growing relationship with Christ.
- A passion for ministry to youth and a desire to discipleship young people.
- A demonstrated heart for people and building community among all age groups.
- A gift and demonstrated ability to communicate in teaching and preaching to a range of ages and education.
Resume and references should be emailed as one PDF document to email@example.com att. Glenn Cordery
Heritage Green welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6324 ]