Western Canada Development Officer
Western Canada Development Officer
Langley, British Columbia , V1M 3A5
Search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for The Wellspring Foundation
The Wellspring Foundation (Wellspring) works tirelessly in partnership with the Rwandan people to empower leaders, teachers, and parents to take ownership for the success in their local schools. Their goal is to ensure that the change sparked by employing Christian values-based education methods in each school will continue for generations to come. “By adopting a humble approach and structuring our programs to empower others, Wellspring seeks to treat every person with the same dignity and worth that Jesus shows each of us.” (Andy Harrington, CEO)
Wellspring is seeing fantastic progress in their work so far. With this growth they now need a passionate strategist and relational storyteller to work with a dynamic team and inspire donors in the Western Canada/USA region to dedicate further financial commitments, leading to generations of improved lives in Rwanda and beyond through education. The Western Canada Development Officer (WCDO) will experience first-hand the sustainable positive impact of Wellspring’s activities in Central and Eastern Africa and convert these encounters into engaging events and presentations that appeal to a multi-generational, Western North American audience.
Come live your calling for connecting people with opportunities to financially support transformational change and multiply the successful impact on thousands of people within Central/Eastern Africa long into the future.
A = ACT
AI = ACT & INFORM
AAC = ACT after CONSULTATION
Organizational Direction (AI unless otherwise stated)
- To develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising and major donor relations strategy for Wellspring with particular relevance to Western Canada/US.
- To take the lead role (with the support of the CEO) in building and maintaining major donor relationships, including individuals, key institutional and foundation partnerships in Western Canada/US.
- To support and participate in campaigns, development activities and strategic planning across Canada and as required in future, the USA. [AAC]
- To work with the Public Engagement department to build the brand of Wellspring. [AAC]
- To support all marketing and communications in North America (AAC)
- To work with the CEO to build strategic alliances and partnerships consistent with the organization’s vision, mission, and core values. (AAC)
- To work with the Director of Public Engagement and Communications team to develop an organization-wide multi-generational engagement strategy. (AAC)
North American Team Responsibilities (AAC)
- Participates in team meetings and addresses key issues relating to fundraising and donor relations.
- Works under the direction of CEO to implement decisions approved by him and, where appropriate, the Leadership Team.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on all activities to assist the CEO in his responsibility to the Board to protect and direct the organization. [AI}
- Makes key contributions to the development and implementation of overall Wellspring strategic plan, annual action plan and annual budget.
Direct Operations (A)
- Regular attendance at Wellspring activities in North America and Central/Eastern Africa.
- Promotes the work of Wellspring, by communicating with external and internal groups.
- Major responsibility for development and fundraising for Western Canada/US region and the key participant in the same for the overall organization.
- Communicates with ministry stakeholders.
- Advocates on behalf of Wellspring.
- Helps coordinate special events to promote the ministry of Wellspring.
Team Membership (AAC)
- Member of North American Team.
Financial Stewardship (AI)
- Makes key contributions to the development of annual budget and maintenance of financial operations.
- Helps coordinate financial support activities of the organization in Western Canada/US.
- Oversees the recruitment and retention of major donors.
Accountability, Spiritual Development & Personal Training (AAC unless otherwise stated)
- Attending North American staff meetings, retreats and training events as required either in person or via Skype etc.
- Participating in prayer days and personal study time.
- Meeting with CEO on a regular basis.
- Providing regular reports on the work to the CEO and through him, the board.
Personal & Professional Qualifications
- A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- A consistent life, which brings glory to Him.
- Adherence without reservation to the Statement of Faith of Wellspring.
- Familiarity with the Bible.
- A commitment to reach our stakeholders.
- An advanced degree is preferred or the equivalent in training and experience.
- At least eight years of related experience.
- Leadership qualities, including being an encourager, facilitator, enthusiastic and an initiator.
- Ability to act as both team leader and part of a wider team.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new situations.
- Optimism and creativity.
- Desire to work in an educational and mission’s capacity.
- Personable, comfortable in relating to a wide variety of people and organizations, including representatives of the Canadian church community.
- A self-starting motivator.
- An encourager, facilitator, enthusiastic and an initiator.
- Ability and willingness to accept and implement the methods and concepts adopted by Wellspring.
- Regular church attendance including some church involvement.
- Ability to act on initiative.
- Ability to work under the accountability and supervision of CEO.
- Creative ability to tell compelling stories to diverse audiences.
- Ability to articulate difficult issues and to communicate Wellspring strategies to a broad audience.
- Ability to work well with deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations to small or large groups.
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Superior administrative capacity to manage a large number of projects and tasks simultaneously and to complete them with minimal oversight.
- Leadership experience including: Project management, working with staff both in team and one-on-one, planning, coordinating and leading small and large group events and activities.
- Financial management skills.
- Effective time management skills.
Find further information on The Wellspring Foundation at https://thewellspringfoundation.org
March 1, 2019
Please note that only applications from Canadian residents will be considered at this time.
If you, or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 6330 ]