Lakeview Church is a part of the Free Methodist Movement in Canada with an average attendance of 650 people. Our mission is Joining God in the Renewal of All Things. Lakeview Youth is a significant expression of our church ministry with an average attendance of 80 students grades 6-12. The vision of Lakeview Youth is to Help Each Other Trust and Follow Jesus.
The Youth Pastor will be responsible for overseeing all Lakeview Youth ministries. This is a permanent, full-time position (40-45 hours/week).
Minimum Education and Job Related Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Experience leading a youth ministry, developing leaders and providing pastoral care
Preferred Education and Job Related Experience
- Bible College degree
- Multiple years working full-time in youth ministry
- Team Leader
- Provide leadership and direction for all Lakeview Youth staff
- Recruit and equip youth volunteers for ministry
- Cultivate a caring community among the youth leadership team
- Pastoral Care
- Provide pastoral care for youth volunteers
- Provide pastoral care for students (and their families)
- Oversee Lakeview Youth curriculum
- Primary teacher for Senior High ministries (Sunday and Home Church)
- Provide direction and oversight for discipleship strategies
- Oversee all Lakeview Youth weekly programming
- Oversee all Lakeview Youth major event
- Christ-like Character - Models a Godly lifestyle in marriage, family, and the community; possesses a servant heart; actively involved in the life of the church and community.
- Creativity - Able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Developing People - The ability to review and analyze others’ strengths and weaknesses, to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to make sure they are enhanced appropriately.
- Passion for the Bible - Possesses a contagious passion for Biblical truth and is committed to ongoing personal spiritual growth.
- Verbal Expression - The ability to communicate in clear language and to adjust one’s use of language to the audience’s level.
- Independence - The ability to perform actions and make statements that reflect an opinion or view of one’s own; not to fawn.
Interested applicants can forward their resume and letter of intent to email@example.com. We will be accepting applicants until February 28th.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6332 ]