Welland, Ontario , L3B 4Z3
Open Arms Mission (OAM) is seeking an enthusiastic, ministry orientated individual who can provide leadership within our organization and into the broader community. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the successful management and overall leadership of all aspects of OAM. This role will be the face of our organization, working closely and collaboratively with the Board of Directors, community churches and partners. The successful candidate will ensure that staff and volunteers are aligned with the organizations mission, vision and values and that everyone is working together to achieve strategic objectives.
Open Arms Mission is a volunteer driven organization, meeting the physical and spiritual needs of our community. We started as a small food bank in the late 1980’s and have grown to a multifaceted ministry with three divisions.
Our Mission Centre houses our drop in centre, food and hygiene bank, Saturday hot lunches, many programs and administrative offices.
Our Redeemed Goods thrift store sells good quality clothing and household goods at affordable prices. At Redeemed Goods, we train people in retail job skills and provide meaningful volunteer opportunities. We also can provide needed items to our Mission Centre clients in crisis through a voucher system.
Our Ministry Campus houses our Redeemed Goods and food bank warehouses and Redeemed Lives men’s ministry. Donations to our food bank or household items, furniture or clothing are received, sorted and distributed from this location.
We are continually growing and developing new programs to serve our community.
- Management and Administration
- Oversees day to day operations to ensure the organization is structured to carry out services and programs that are sustainable.
- Provides a physical presence at each location to support employees and encourage volunteers.
- Establishes a work environment in which staff and volunteers are well positioned and empowered as a cohesive team to optimize work efforts.
- Creates corporate guidelines to ensure consistency
- Ensures professional growth and spiritual leadership of managers.
- Sets regular performance measurements including SMART goals, monitors and supports progress.
- Hires, promotes and terminates under the best interests and parameters of the organization.
- Awareness and Relationships
- Builds positive relationships with churches, community agencies, donors and volunteers.
- Initiates and develops relationships with a broad range of community sectors including all levels of government, other non-profit organizations, faith communities, and clients.
- Creates opportunities to raise awareness and promotion of the ministry while expanding donor and volunteer populations
- Financial Performance and Viability
- Creates annual budget for Board approval, works within approved budget
- Monitors financial performance and advises Board on the development of capital and operational budgets, ensures overall alignment with strategic direction.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of financial statements; assesses risks and opportunities.
- Notifies the board of any items not budgeted for that may arise
- Oversees planning and implementation of fundraising strategies
- Ensures that policies, processes, standards and procedures are prioritized and developed in a timely way using best practices.
- Ensures that work is carried out is such a way that complies with government standards
- Mission/Board Governance
- Provides leadership to the building and suitability of the ministry while promoting short term goals to further the mission and vision.
- Works collaboratively with the board
- Supports the Board in strategic planning and participates in the creation of the organization’s vision ensuring that the vision is shared throughout the organization and has the commitment of all employees and volunteers.
- Communicates and shares information to the Board relative to needs.
- Related Bachelor’s Degree (Sociology, Social Work or Business Administration) or other professional designation or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in senior leadership role, preferably in a not for profit, faith based, agency reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of business practices
- Ability to manage a large volunteer workforce
- Highly skilled communicator with proven ability to build partnerships and relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in fundraising would be an asset
- Ability to create and deliver powerful presentations to varied audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Open Arms Mission is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes interested applicants to submit their detailed cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2019. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Open Arms Mission will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 6358 ]