Gimli, Manitoba , R0C 1B0
Reports To: Camp Director
Overview of Role:
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such, missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Empowered by the Director, the Discipleship Coordinator, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for making connections, building relationships, mentoring and discipling campers and children/youth in the community on a year round basis.
- To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church
- The salvation of the lost and spiritual growth of the saved is our major objective. "So that we may present everyone perfect in Christ Jesus." Colossians 1:28.
- To accomplish the primary objective through camping ministry, by effectively planning programs and other activities related to Gimli Bible Camp.
- Ensure the Gospel is a part of all aspects of camp and other ministries
- Take a leadership role in the summer ministry
- Partner with the local church and community
- Build relationships pastors and youth pastors
- Introduce and integrate campers
- Promote the camp
- Plan weekend discipleship retreats for new believers at camp
- Plan bi-monthly discipleship events for new believers, primarily in the city of Winnipeg
- Include summer missionaries in all off-season events to help them grow in their ministry and faith
- Visit select campers at home and in small groups
- Help director in recruiting new campers and summer missionaries
- Passion for sharing the Gospel
- Excellent Listener
- Interdenominational sensitivity. Focusing on Christ and not teaching denominational distinctives.
- Public speaking and communication skills
- Ability to work well with the public, approachable
- A vision for expanding ministry endeavours
- Post-secondary Bible training
- Team player
- Truly born again
- In good standing with an Evangelical church
- Called by God to this ministry
- Able to obtain class 4 drivers’ licence
Education and Experience
- Experience with camping ministry or discipleship is an asset
- Managerial experience is an asset
Note: This job description shall be effective January 1st, 2019 and is to be reviewed annually by the Camp Board, Camp Director, the Site Manager and the One Hope Canada Field Director.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6361 ]