Guest Relations Assistant/Sales Associate
Guest Relations Assistant/Sales Associate
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3Y5
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Guest Relations Assistant/Sales Associate
Reports to: Guest Relations and Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Employment Status: Full time 12-month contract
- Toronto Office: February 2019 to June 2019 and September 2019 to February 2020
- Resort in Rosseau: June 2019 to August 2019
This position is split between two departments.
- Guest Relations (February – September)
Assist in the administrationon of all areas pertaining to summer registration including: monitoring guest information in the registration system, managing relationships, meeting the individual needs of the customers, and providing support to the summer directors, business, and office staff.
- Sales Associate (October – February)
Assist the Sales team in executing the company’s sales tactics, primarily through outbound phone calls to prospective guests and their families to lead them through the sales cycle, and will track the results to measure campaign success. This position is responsible to promote the services, facilities and benefits of Muskoka Woods to multiple target markets and strive to exceed sales goals.
Key Job Functions:
- Interact and communicate with parents and guests
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and parents by managing guest information and services such as: registration, activity schedules, payments, transportation as well as Camp Store accounts over the phone, in person, via email and through Live Chat
- Coordinate transportation schedules as well as details for guests and staff (airport and bus)
- Complete outbound sales calls to previous guests, event leads, referrals, etc.
- Respond to inbound customer and sales inquiries
- Prepare for and participate in “Super Saturday” during the summer
- Prepare reports for Summer Directors and other staff
- Assist with problem solving guests’ cabin mate requests
- Ensure accurate and safe accounting for all guests’ arrival on Super Saturday
- Ensure all customer issues are resolved in a smooth and timely manner
- Assist in developing and executing sales tactics that will increase customer conversion and retention rates and grow customer spend
- Assist with development, documentation and training of sales strategies
- Measure campaign successes and produce sales reports and presentations on results as required
- Attend and participate in department meetings as well as both internal and external corporate events as required (Town Halls, Monday Huddles, etc.).
- Attend and support marketing events as needed
- Participate in summer ministry initiatives with staff such as one to ones and Cadence
- Other requests/special projects as outlined by Guest Relations and the Marketing & Sales Coordinator
- Related university degree or equivalent administrative experience
- Experience in customer service/sales – phone and in-person
- Experience using Excel and Google Drive
- Previous camp-related experience an asset
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and customer-oriented service skills
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and self–starter with capability of managing projects through completion with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-stress environment
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Strong team player; takes initiative
- Desire to participate in creating a courteous, friendly, and professional work environment
- Ability to adapt to change promptly and positively
- Provide exceptional detail in follow-up with customers
- Execute daily tasks with diligence and attention to detail
- Excellent in time management
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ core values
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 6364 ]