Pastor of Group-Based Care
Pastor of Group-Based Care
Richmond Hill, Ontario
The role of the Pastor of Group-Based Care is to provide leadership and active management to the Care ministries, providing opportunities for people to experience the love and care of Jesus through, the people and ministries of Summit Community Church.
Vision and Mission
Develop and implement a long term, strategic ministry plan for Care ministries including mission, vision, values, philosophy and strategy that is aligned with the vision of Summit Community Church.
- Oversee all pastoral care required to families of Summit Community Church
- Develop a Care Team to respond to specific needs within the Church (eg: meals, visitation, prayer, etc.)
- Counselling; spiritual, emotional, relational as requested
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive care process that connects people to the care they require through Summit or community partners
- Responsible for death/bereavement/grief services, including Celebrations of Life.
- Available for pre-marital/wedding services as requested
- Establish and maintain regional connectedness with care agencies, Christian counsellors/therapists
Oversee and shepherd Celebrate Recovery ministry and ensure training and support for its ministry leaders
- Oversee and shepherd LifeGroup ministry and ensure training and support for ministry its leaders.
- Assist in recruiting, developing and deploying leaders for group leadership, coaching &/or facilitation
- Co-ordinate LifeGroup events (where applicable)
Oversee and shepherd Marriage ministry and ensure training and support for its ministry leaders
Oversee and shepherd 55+ ministry and ensure training and support for its ministry leaders
- Promote a caring community among volunteers.
- Recruit and train volunteers on an ongoing basis re: spiritual and practical care
- Encourage, train and oversee volunteers in how to implement ministry processes and how to adapt them as needed
- Develop and maintain ongoing connection & communication with volunteers
- Appreciate and celebrate volunteers at periodic times throughout the year.
- Exercise healthy self-leadership in personal spiritual formation into Christ-likeness.
- Pursue the Spirit’s filling, leading and empowering continually.
- Prioritize, practice and promote prayer and intercession for the families and ministries of Summit Community Church and our community.
- Engage in consistent study of the Scriptures and biblical theology.
- Personally practice key renewal principles such as hearing God and confessional living.
- Seek, by personal example and precept, to inspire others in Christian faith and living.
- Committed to personally and professionally reaching lost people for Christ.
- Love God wholeheartedly, neighbour as self and fellow believers as Christ loves you.
Personal Study and Growth
- Attend the annual Staff Retreat.
- Participate annually in Care &/or LifeGroups conferences, where applicable
- Develop and maintain Care ministries Budget.
- Maintain the content for Care & LifeGroups pages on the website.
- Responsible for the purchase of supplies and equipment needed for the running of any programs.
- Create and update schedules for all Care Team volunteers.
- Elvanto &/or PCO database management.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in minimum one-two Sunday night prayer meetings each month. Prepare and lead the prayer meeting as scheduled.
- Participate in training and equipping opportunities made available by Summit Community Church.
- Represent Care ministries at Welcome Lunch and Celebrate connection events
- This position requires a high level of confidentiality
- This position requires availability to serve in Sunday am services, eg: prayer, announcements, etc.
Denominational & Ministerial Responsibilities
- Represent Summit Community Church at, and participate in, District and regional events when possible.
- Provide assistance for other areas of ministry as required (if available and have the capacity).
- The Pastor of Group-Based Care is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- The Lead Pastor, through the Executive Pastor, will supervise the work of the Care Pastor
- The Care Pastor will provide a written report summarizing ministry work of the past month to the Lead Pastor. It will then be distributed to the Elders as part of the “Staff reports” section of the Lead Pastor’s Report.
- The Care Pastor will be evaluated annually by the Lead Pastor, in conjunction with the Executive Pastor. A written report will be provided and explained. A copy of this report will be forwarded to the Elders.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6368 ]