Pastor of Mission and Outreach
Pastor of Mission and Outreach
Richmond Hill, Ontario
The primary role of the Pastor of Mission and Outreach is to provide leadership and active management to the local and global missional initiatives, cultural ministries and evangelism training at Summit Community Church.
Vision and Mission
Develop and implement a long term, strategic ministry plan for local, regional and global missions at Summit including the mission, vision, values, philosophy and strategy that is aligned with the vision of Summit Community Church.
- Oversee local outreach ministries within Summit Community Church
- Recruit and train leaders for the various outreach ministries
- Research, survey and evaluate Richmond Hill community to determine what outreach ministries are needed
- Obtain & supply any necessary resource materials for outreach ministries
- Work with Community Events team to co-ordinate community outreach events such as Christmas at the Farm &/or Easter Eggstravaganza
- Identify and oversee missional initiatives beyond local community of Richmond Hill
- Ensure training and support for mission team leaders and volunteers
- Co-ordinate Church-wide participation in C&MA missional activities / events
- Point of contact for all Missional Partners and International Workers whom Summit Community Church directly supports
- Ensure Summit’s faithful promotion and participation in Global Advance Fund giving
- Identify new areas of engagement in the C&MA 5-S Regions
- Develop and implement strategies for connecting to new people
- Equip others through development/teaching Evangelism workshop
- Assess trends of congregational growth and attendance, as well as how people are received into the congregation
- Develop and oversee any special Evangelism programs or events
- Work with the Sr. and Exec. Pastors in the development of multiple services
- Develop the ministry leaders of new cultural ministries forming within Summit Community Church
- Work with the Sr. and Exec. Pastors in researching, developing and launching of new Summit Community Church sites/plants (growing our “family of loving communities”)
Cultural Groups Ministries
- Oversee various cultural groups ministries within Summit Community Church
- Champion the cause of racial reconciliation and diversity throughout our Church life
- Oversee implementation of integration initiatives throughout the Church (eg: Sunday morning translation requirements)
- Promote a caring community among volunteers.
- Recruit and train volunteers on an ongoing basis re: spiritual and practical care
- Encourage, train and oversee volunteers in how to implement ministry process’ and how to adapt it as needed
- Develop and maintain ongoing connection & communication with volunteers
- Appreciate and celebrate volunteers at periodic times throughout the year.
- Exercise self-leadership in personal spiritual formation into Christ-likeness.
- Pursue the Spirit’s filling, leading and empowering continually.
- Prioritize, practice and promote prayer and intercession for the families and ministries of Summit Community Church and our community.
- Engage in consistent study of the Scriptures and biblical theology.
- Seek, by personal example and precept, to inspire others in Christian faith and living.
- Committed to personally and professionally reaching lost people for Christ.
- Love God wholeheartedly and neighbour as self.
Personal Study and Growth
- Attend the annual Staff Retreat.
- Participate annually in Missions &/or conferences, where applicable
- Develop and maintain Mission & Outreach budget.
- Maintain the content for Mission pages on the website.
- Responsible for the purchase of supplies and equipment needed for the running of any programs.
- Create and update schedules for all team volunteers.
- Elvanto &/or PCO database management where applicable
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in a minimum of one or two Sunday night prayer meetings each month. Prepare and lead the prayer meeting as scheduled.
- Participate in training and equipping opportunities made available by Summit Community Church.
- Represent Missions & Outreach at Welcome Lunch and Celebrate connection events
- This position requires availability to serve in Sunday am services, eg: prayer, announcements, etc.
- Denominational & Ministerial Responsibilities
- Represent Summit Community Church at, and participate in, district and regional events when possible.
- Provide assistance for other areas of ministry as required.
- The Pastor of Mission & Outreach is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- The Lead Pastor, through the Executive Pastor, will supervise the work of the Pastor of Mission & Outreach
- The Pastor of Mission & Outreach will provide a written report summarizing ministry work of the past month to the Lead Pastor. It will then be distributed to the Elders as part of the “Staff reports” section of the Lead Pastor’s Report.
- The Pastor of Mission & Outreach will be evaluated annually by the Lead Pastor, in conjunction with the Executive Pastor. A written report will be provided and explained. A copy of this report will be forwarded to the Elders.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6369 ]