Part-Time Youth Worker
Part-Time Youth Worker
Markham, Ontario , L3R 9C4
CPPC is an evangelical church of Arabic speaking immigrants and their families in Canada. A growing, dynamic and loving Church, seeking to reach people with the love of God and the Full Gospel of Christ, to worship Him in spirit and truth, and to serve Him in the world, by developing generations that live the life of faith and the values and teachings of the Holy Bible.
The church needs to add to its pastoral staff a youth worker to assist with different facets of the youth ministries of the church, especially for the High School students as described below.
Plan and run short and long-term programs and activities for the Jr. High School youth of the church, aiming to develop their personal relationship with Christ, their spiritual life and character through active engagement in Christian fellowship, creative service and fun activities.
The Youth Worker is appointed by the Session of CPPC and will be working closely with the English Ministry Director (EMD), a leadership team appointed by CPPC Session, and CPPC Pastoral Team. The Youth Worker reports directly to CPPC Senior Minister
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement a cohesive array of creative, fun, and challenging programs and activities which foster growth in Christian faith and fellowship for the youth. Programs may include but not be limited to: teaching CPPC Christian Education, discipleship small groups, outreach, weekly meetings, youth retreats, summer camps and sports activities
- Provide personal pastoral care and including small groups and one on one interaction.
- Discover the youth’ talents and put it to work
- Help in developing and energizing the worship time
- Maintain a balanced communication with parents
- Have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and live a lifestyle in accordance with Christian values
- Demonstrate Christian caring and concern for others
- Passionate about serving and equipping youth.
- Exhibit a good level of leadership skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, with strong communication skills
- A team player, who can cooperate and maintain a good rapport with staff and volunteers
- Has a minimum of two years of successful work experience in children or youth ministry
This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6376 ]