Scarborough, Ontario , M1C 2L6
(Youth or Young Adult - Age 15+)
Overall Purpose of Position:
Grace Presbyterian Church is looking to hire three Camp Leaders for this summer; youth or young adult (age 15 or above). We trust that the Camp Leader will be God’s instrument in providing fruitful support and leadership to the various summer ministries at Grace Church West Hill, demonstrating the love of Christ to youth and children while participating in the advancement of God’s Kingdom throughout the broader community.
Description and Expectations of Camp Leader Position:
- Work with the Director of Summer Ministries Staff
- Willing to work under the guidance and supervision of Director of Youth Ministries (Youth Pastor), Director of Children’s Ministries, Director of Summer Ministries and the Lead Pastor and Session
- Provide support to youth in church programs/ministries and group activities.
- The Camp Leader(s) will actively help plan Breakfast Club (four weeks/Mon-Thurs), Drama & Arts Camp (one week/Mon-Fri) as well as Soccer Camp (one week/Mon-Fri).
- Participate in Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Actively participate in the summer ministries/programs, Sunday services/programs (i.e. church services, Family Time, nursery, Sunday School etc.) as well as Wednesday evenings gatherings
- Plan and prepare arts & crafts
- Distribute and assist with snacks/meals for children/youth
- Engage children and youth in various games/activities and Bible lessons
- Seek to positively invest in the lives of the youth and children
- Provide supervision to children and youth
- Participate in staff meetings
- Be involved in the life and community of Grace Church West Hill
- Participate in Leadership Training Program(s) before June
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Has a living relationship with God as a follower of Jesus Christ
- Lives a lifestyle that models Christlike character to others
- Able to work well with others and as a team
- Able to patiently lead/mentor youth/children and works well with youth and children
- Good relational skills
- Punctual: arrives on time, able to manage time, complete assignments, adapt to various challenges
- Reliable, responsible, productive, trustworthy, able to work well independently
- Able to comprehensively teach the Bible to youth and children
9 weeks (June 23rd – August 23rd) on average of 30 hours per week for $15.00/hr.
Note: All hours of work and pay are dependent on Grace Presbyterian Church’s receipt of funding.
Interested candidates may send their resumes with a brief cover letter to Artin Kazarians - Director of Youth Ministries, at Grace West Hill by March 8th, 2019.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6382 ]