Maple Ridge, British Columbia , V2X 3L8
We are looking for a part time Worship Pastor and Youth Pastor. We are open to one person combining both of these roles, or a different person doing each of the roles. We expect each role to be between 8 and 12 hours per week including Sundays.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and build on the progress made in our worshipping life at St George’s. These positions are set up as part time roles, however we are open to the possibility of one or both roles developing in the future into a full-time post which would involve other areas of responsibility dependent on experience.
The Worship Pastor will lead and develop the sung worship at St George’s as we seek to fulfill our vision to ‘Live and Share the Good News of Jesus Christ’ in our own lives and our community building on our cultural values and seeking to continue growing in depth of faith and in size.
We are looking for someone with a passion for worship and for releasing gifts particularly with young people in the church.
Key Skills Include:
- Skillful musician with a passion for God’s presence
- The ideal candidate will be an accomplished lead vocalist and guitarist
- Education or training in Worship Arts, Music or Theology would be an asset
- Experience of worship leading is essential
- Leadership skills with a passion for the gospel and local church
- A valid driving license and own transport would be an asset.
- There is a 6 month probation period.
- This is initially a 1 year contract position and will be reviewed in late 2019. The anticipation is that the contract will be renewed for a further year, subject to funding.
- The successful applicant must have the right to live and work in Canada.
- All employees must comply with diocesan screening requirements, including submitting at time of hire a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector search obtained within the last 12 months.
For full details please take a look at the PDF file of the job description.
To apply, a recording of you singing and playing an instrument, a resume and cover letter outlining why you think you are the person we are looking for should be sent to our Rector and Lead Pastor, David Edgerton, by email David.email@example.com.
You may contact David for more information about St George’s and this role. This position is open until a suitable candidate is found.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to find out more about St George’s online:
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 6388 ]