Maple Ridge, British Columbia , V2X 3L8
Our Youth Pastor will develop our Youth work and help encourage, support and release the gifts of young people to help them take an active role in the life of the church at St George’s. We seek to fulfill our vision to ‘Live and Share the Good News of Jesus Christ’ in our own lives, and our community, building on our cultural values and seeking to continue growing in depth of faith and in size.
We have a small number of youth at St George’s.This post will include overseeing youth group gatherings (probably monthly), and offering mentoring, training and support in involving and releasing the gifts youth members have in areas such as children’s ministry, hospitality, music and AV/Tech.
Key Skills Include:
- Experience of working with youth and building relationships with parents.
- Education or training in Youth Work or Theology would be an asset
- Leadership skills with a passion for the gospel and local church
- A valid driving license and own transport would be an asset.
- There is a 6 month probation period.
- This is initially a 1 year contract position and will be reviewed in late 2019. The anticipation is that the contract will be renewed for a further year, subject to funding.
- The successful applicant must have the right to live and work in Canada.
- All employees must comply with diocesan screening requirements, including submitting at time of hire a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector search obtained within the last 12 months.
For full details please take a look at the PDF file of the job description.
To apply, a resume and cover letter outlining why you think you are the person we are looking for should be sent to our Rector and Lead Pastor, David Edgerton, by email David.edgerton (at) stgeorgemr.org.
You may contact David for more information about St George’s and this role. This position is open until a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates called for interview will be be assessed in these two ways:
- An interview with church leaders.
- An informal opportunity to meet with some of our young people.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6389 ]