Bayview Kids Director
Bayview Kids Director
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
Bayview Glen Church is looking for a gifted individual who will provide leadership, administrative support, and direction for Bayview Kids (birth to grade 5). This individual will be a part of the Bayview Kids leadership team and oversee both paid coordinators and Bayview Kids Serve Teams (volunteers).
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports directly to the Family Pastor. Compensation is based on experience and includes an extended benefits and vacation package. Working hours will require working Sundays and some evenings.
The Bayview Kids Director provides leadership and management for Bayview Kids Sunday morning programming and additional worship services throughout the year as needed (e.g. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.). The Bayview Kids Director is expected to create and maintain a culture of excellence in Bayview Kids. . The Bayview Kids Director is expected to recruit, train, and mobilize Bayview Kids Serve Team members (volunteers). The Bayview Kids Director provides leadership, training, and support, to all Bayview Kids staff and Serve Team members. The Bayview Kids Director works closely with the Family Pastor and is responsible to implement and develop programs for the spiritual formation of children as well as equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian with a solid knowledge of Scripture and a desire to see kids and families changed by the Gospel.
- A gifted servant with a demonstrated ability to manage children’s ministry in a growing church.
- Mission-oriented, fully embracing the overall church vision, mission, and values.
- High capacity leader with demonstrated expertise in identifying, developing, equipping, and empowering emerging leaders.
- A capable administrator and manager who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced ministry environment with the ability to prepare well and make quick decisions.
- A person who can envision, develop, take risks, and independently execute plans with excellence yet can also function collaboratively and adapt as needed.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the development and implementation of authentic, creative, and engaging programs for children.
- Empathetic and inspiring leader with a high standard of excellence who is able to recruit, inspire, train, and appreciate Bayview Kids Serve Team members.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in related area of study.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years experience planning, scheduling, and leading a children or student ministry environment.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry setting.
- Proficient with computers
- Experience with Planning Centre Online or similar church management system/software.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) to provide exceptional care for children, parents, and Serve Team members.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in budget planning, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment and leadership of volunteer teams.
- Ability to lovingly resolve conflict and do initial counselling with families when appropriate.
- Ability to perform quality, detailed work with an eye for excellence.
- Ability to troubleshoot when complications arise and offer creative and strategic solutions.
Provides Oversight To:
- Sunday morning Bayview Kids Coordinators
- Bayview Kids Serve Teams
- Recruit, train, and and manage the Bayview Kids Serve Teams.
- Work with coordinators to ensure that Bayview Kids environments are prepared and maintained for services each week.
- Work with the Family Pastor to maintain Bayview Kids budget.
- Work with the Family Pastor to ensure that all Bayview Kids services and programs are Christ-centered, inspiring, safe, and excellent.
- Work with the Bayview Kids leadership team to plan and implement discipleship milestones as well as community events for families.
- Provide care and communication with Bayview Kids parents and families.
- Maintain the Bayview Kids communication and social media accounts coordinating with the Family Pastor and/or Communications Director.
- Coordinate the curation of Bayview Kids core curriculum as needed.
- Work with Family Pastor and Youth Director to create a comprehensive discipleship program that encompasses all students from birth through high school.
- Provide oversight for additional events or programs related to Bayview Kids.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, prayer meeting, and Bayview Kids staff meetings as required.
- Lead and manage Bayview Kids Coordinators.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Maintain personal spiritual development and growth.
To Serve Team Members:
- Create and maintain a culture of care and appreciation for Serve Team members.
- Help to foster an environment of ownership and excellence among Serve Team members.
- Ensure Bayview Kids Serve Team and leadership development is healthy and growing.
- Work with Bayview Kids leadership team to develop and implement a creative, compelling, and empowering training program.
- Help Bayview Kids Serve Team members to recognize and develop their spiritual gifts as they serve in ministry.
Hiring process: Interviews with Family Pastor, pastoral leadership, and is confirmed by HR committee.
Complete a criminal background check.
Reports to: Family Pastor
Relates closely with: Bayview Kids Ministry Team, Youth Ministry, Family Ministry, Facilities Team, and Office Administration Team.
Typical workweek: Sundays for worship services (currently 9:30am, 11:15am) and office hours Monday through Thursday.
Contact: Please send resume with cover letter and include “Bayview Kids Director” in the subject line to the attention of Andy Notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
About Bayview Glen Church
We work together so that everyone, everywhere can experience God's love and His created purpose through Jesus.
Bayview Glen Church was founded as Avenue Road Church in 1941 in the heart of Toronto. For more than 35 years, the Avenue Road congregation grew both spiritually and numerically at its downtown location. In 1970, God gave Pastor Arnie Reimer a vision for a new church location where there would be great opportunity to reach the growing and increasingly diverse population of the GTA. In 1978 the first service was held here on the campus at Bayview and Steeles and the congregation became known as Bayview Glen Church. In 2018, Bayview Glen Church celebrated 40 years of productive ministry at our current location; the church stands on the shoulders of the visionary, sacrificial leadership of those that came before and continues to honour Jesus above all else.
Bayview Glen Church is located in Thornhill, Ontario—on the northern boundary of Metropolitan Toronto, which is often identified as the world’s most ethnically diverse city. As a result, more than 100 nationalities and more than 60 mother tongues are represented in the 1100+ adults and 170+ children that attend Bayview Glen on an average Sunday. Within a commutable distance there are many excellent public schools and private schools, sports and community activities, parks, shopping, and more.
Where we are headed: In the last 2 years, our children's ministry, Bayview Kids, grown from 40 to over 170 kids on an average Sunday morning. In order to accommodate our growth, we are committed to expanding our Family Ministry team so that we are able to engage children and parents with the life-changing power of the gospel in a fun and transforming way.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6405 ]