Digital Marketing Coordinator
Digital Marketing Coordinator
London, Ontario , N6A 4W1
Are you the candidate we are seeking?
Do you have a passion for the mission that Christ gave His Church and a desire to use your skillset and knowledge to help protect the poor from violence in developing countries? Does the idea of being a digital marketing coordinator as part of a marketing team excite you? If so, you may be the candidate we are seeking!
International Justice Mission Canada is part of a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. The largest organization of its kind, IJM combats slavery, sex trafficking, sexual violence, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence in 17 communities throughout Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will manage and grow the programs within IJM Canada’s Communications and Marketing team. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work within a development team in a Christian non-profit organization reaching out to both Christian and secular Canadians. The digital marketing coordinator must comfortably present the IJM message and Christian foundation for the work. This full-time position reports to the Marketing Manager with hands on responsibility in multiple areas, including: social media, blogging, website development, and resourcing IJM Canada’s team; when necessary, being able to ensure substantive Christian content.
Digital Media and Content Management
- Content management and creation for IJM Canada’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), ensuring up to date and engaging paid and organic content that increases national exposure within both the Christian community and the Canadian public at large;
- Grow IJM Canada’s blog presence by working with the IJM Canada team and other guest contributors to generate topical and interesting blog content of interest to our donor base both Christian and secular;
- Support the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in developing outreach strategies to influencers on social media;
- Monitor and proactively respond to online messages, comments and postings Monday-Friday, both Christian and secular, and monitor for crisis communications on an ongoing basis;
- Develop IJM Canada staff’s ability on social media platforms and work with staff members to increase online presence; and
- Act as a point of contact for IJM Canada’s digital marketing agencies and freelancers, who help manage IJM Canada’s display ads, social media marketing, and Google Grants.
Marketing Program Support
- Help grow IJM Canada’s digital marketing activities, including but not limited to social media marketing, display ads, search engine marketing, pay-per-click, mobile marketing, Google Grants, lead generation, and conversion.
- Support the development of IJM Canada’s 3rd party events program with branding and digital strategy, such as social media and blog content;
- Work with relevant Directors of Development or Church Mobilization to develop branding and digital strategy for major IJM Canada events; and
- Support Marketing Manager with execution of other marketing campaigns.
- Monitor IJM Canada’s reputation online, including implementation of online listening tools and providing support to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations to compile a monthly media scan;
- Regularly review IJM Canada website content and update as needed to remain current;
- In conjunction with the Marketing Manager and the Director of Marketing and Communications, implement new initiatives for the website to enhance user experience and bolster IJM Canada’s overarching communications and marketing objectives.
- Maintain social media budget;
- Track and report data relating to performance of marketing initiatives, including social media, web and marketing campaigns; and
- Create and maintain policy and strategy documents for social media and the IJM Canada blog.
Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, social science, business or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in social media and digital marketing coordination
- Experience managing social media platforms, including developing and adapting strategies for growth, engagement, and conversion (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience managing and curating content for a blog, including SEO
- Experience with paid and organic content marketing
- Proven ability to manage online communities
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (e.g. Craft, Wordpress)
- Ability to implement online listening strategies, and de-escalate crisis scenarios quickly and effectively
- Proven ability in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to communicate, with personal conviction, the spiritual foundation of the organization through various means;
- Diplomatic, bridge-builder that drives toward solution—ability to identify priorities and align cross-functional teams around shared goals;
- Strategic, action-oriented, self-starter with strong initiative;
- Adept at creative problem solving;
- Proven ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Donor-centric approach to constituent relationships; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at one time
Why IJM Canada?
- We offer a generous compensation plan;
- We offer the chance to work in an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued;
- We offer coaching, professional and personal development, and staff care;
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the world;
- We are more than a workplace. We strive to be a community of spiritual formation, helping our staff work out God’s call to justice in their lives.
18-month contract position;
Position reports to the Manager of Marketing and Communications;
Position based at IJM Canada headquarters in London, Ontario; and
Applications accepted until the position is filled – target start date March 1, 2019 with anticipated end date in September 2020.
IJM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, please send Resume, Cover Letter and Statement of Faith* by mail, fax, or e-mail.
- By Mail:
International Justice Mission Canada
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 336, STN B
- By Fax: 519.679.3358
- By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their submission however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM Canada. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current faith community.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 6406 ]