Church Office Administrator
Church Office Administrator
Manotick, Ontario , K4M 1A6
Reports to: Minister
Status: Part-Time Hourly
The Church Office Administrator is appointed by and ultimately answerable to the Finance & Maintenance Ministry. For the day to day functioning of the church office, the Church Office Administrator takes direction from the Minister. Any change to the days and hours of work, or vacation should first be discussed with the Minister before submission to the Finance and Maintenance Ministry, or its appointed representative, for approval.
The Church Office Administrator is to provide clerical support for the overall ministry of the Church. This is achieved by attending to all administrative duties as requested by the Minister, other Church staff and Session Ministries.
This position requires an average of 12 hours per week throughout the year, including regular office hours. The successful candidate will be highly organized, will work well independently and with others, will be discreet and dependable, will have strong oral and written English communication skills, and will be skilled using a computer and the Internet as demonstrated via an administered practicum during the interview process. A Vulnerable Sector Police Check will be required. The position is for an initial period of 1 year with the possibility of it becoming permanent, expanding to more hours and more responsibilities.
To enjoy this role, and to thrive as a Ministry Team Member at Knox Manotick, it would help if you:
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, very good interpersonal skills, communicating easily and clearly with all others
- Are proficient with basic computer programmes, especially Microsoft Office for creating Power Point presentations, the bulletins using graphics, and updating the website
- Are committed to holiness, and modeling a faith that others can follow having strong biblical, moral integrity and values
- View ministry as a calling and a lifestyle, and not as a job
- Desire a long-term relationship with a community of faith, and within a neighbourhood
- Have a willingness to support and promote beliefs, mission, vision, objectives and values of Knox Manotick
- Perform administrative duties in support of worship services at Knox by:
- Preparing bulletins for worship services and other events.
- Preparing audiovisual announcements and overheads for worship services.
- Mailing bulletins and/or newsletters to shut-ins on a monthly basis, using a list of recipients provided by the Minister or the Minister’s designate.
- Sending reminders each week to the volunteers who help with various duties during the Sunday worship service
- Ensuring that there are sufficient pew cards and offering envelopes in the pews.
- Ensuring that the Minister receives all completed pew cards & other information concerning visitors in whatever format it’s received.
- Creating copies of recordings of worship services, providing to individuals upon request and keeping a record thereof.
- Placing advertisements in local papers, as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the overall functioning and management of Knox Church by:
- Picking up at the Post Office, sorting incoming mail and disbursing as appropriate to the Minister and/or responsible ministry convener(s).
- Attending to emails and any other correspondence as requested.
- Maintaining a calendar of all events relevant to Knox.
- Administering and updating the church website as required.
- Assisting the minister/convener in maintaining the membership roll, Communion roll, baptismal book, marriage register and burial register, and compiling documents relevant to these registers.
- Maintaining the bulletin boards.
- Attending to requests for the use of church facilities and equipment and keeping a record thereof in consultation with the Minister.
- Preparing and distributing the annual report based on input from the Minister, Session and Session Ministries.
- Managing subscriptions for Presbyterian Record and/or other magazines as approved by the appropriate ministry.
- Managing church stationery supplies and replenishing as necessary.
- Maintaining master copies of forms regularly used by the ministries.
- Managing a petty cash float for small purchases.
- Providing administrative support to the Session Ministries (e.g. copying and collating music for the Worship Ministry; ordering bibles and other books and preparing bookplates for presentations; preparing tickets and sign-up sheets for fundraising events; and coordinating ticket sales and advertising as requested, etc.)
- Providing administrative support for volunteers of the Children, Youth and Family Ministry
- Informing the custodian of special services and other activities in the church.
- Arranging for contractors to perform scheduled maintenance; such as furnace cleaning, as directed by the Finance & Maintenance Ministry.
- Maintaining a record of hours worked and submitting this record to the Treasurer approximately one week before month-end.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Minister.
How to Apply
Larry Price at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach the following:
- References - minimum of 3 references (Pastoral Reference, Friend Reference, Employer Reference) indicating:
- Relationship to you
- First and last name (including any titles)
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Background/Ministry Questions
- Please describe how you came to know Jesus Christ, and two or three ways that you have experienced spiritual growth in your faith in the last three years. Please describe your call to ministry, and how that has been confirmed and affirmed in your life.
- Cover Letter
- Please explain why you think this opportunity will be a great fit for both you and for the Knox Manotick Community.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6410 ]