Toronto, Ontario , M9R1T5
The Communications Coordinator provides support to the pastoral staff for effective operation of the church facilities and ministries. The Coordinator supports the congregation, leadership teams and volunteers in their ministry. He or she possesses and demonstrates giftedness in written and oral communication, visual design, interpersonal skills, organization, and facility/event management. The successful candidate is a Christian that agrees with and abides by our Articles of Religion and KFMC Employee Handbook.
- Administrative Support:
Provide logistical and administrative support for staff, the Official Board and its sub-committees, and Ministry Team leaders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build a team of trained volunteers who will manage reception/phone coverage and various support tasks (filing, editing, formatting, scheduling, ordering etc.)
- Manage the office operations including equipment purchase/lease and ordering supplies
- Develop (or manage existing) systems of communication and administration (church membership lists and data, church phone directory, facility use protocols/forms, ministry calendar co-ordination) and train staff and volunteers in their use
- Systematize and maintain the Child Protection Policy and related procedures in consultation with the pastoral staff
- Assist with bookkeeping & banking duties, as assigned
- Communication / Welcome:
Develops the visual brand of Kingsview in consultation with the staff. Creates brand recognition so that all written and electronic communication and all site communication (e.g. posters, signs) from Kingsview are visually similar and easily identifiable.
- Design and format church print & online publications
- Solicit content for, edit, and publish a weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, church website, and consistent social media presence
- Coordinate the communication elements of ministry teams on an as needed basis within an overall communications plan
- Facility Management:
Coordinate the smooth logistical operation of the physical facility.
- Utilize the Facility Use Policy Manual to guide the application, booking and use of the building’s resources
- Manage a facility usage calendar
- Serve as a liaison with various contractors, including custodial, landscaping, repairs, etc.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6411 ]