The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Young Adult Pastor
Young Adult Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
The Young Adult Pastor works within a team setting to equip the English congregation of diverse age groups of predominantly Asian origin with a focus on young adults from grade 10 to post-secondary graduates.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (~200 people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~600 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the spiritual needs of young adults from grade 10 to post-secondary graduates
- Contribute within a team setting to the development of the English Division and the entire church
- Work with the Youth Pastor to ensure a smooth transition from Young Life to English congregation
- Develop and motivate leaders
- Be involved in preaching, teaching and prayer ministries as well as general pastoral duties
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them
- Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Deacon Daniel Woo
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6429 ]