Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Young Adult Pastor
Young Adult Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
The Young Adult Pastor works within a team setting to equip the English congregation of diverse age groups of predominantly Asian origin with a focus on young adults from grade 10 to post-secondary graduates.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (~200 people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~600 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the spiritual needs of young adults from grade 10 to post-secondary graduates
- Contribute within a team setting to the development of the English Division and the entire church
- Work with the Youth Pastor to ensure a smooth transition from Young Life to English congregation
- Develop and motivate leaders
- Be involved in preaching, teaching and prayer ministries as well as general pastoral duties
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them
- Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Deacon Daniel Woo
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6429 ]