Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
Work within a team setting to oversee and develop our growing Young Life Division (YLD) ministries, with a focus on youth in grades 7 to 9.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (200+ people), Mandarin (200+ people), Cantonese (550+ people) and Young Life Division (150+ people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the spiritual needs of youth in grades 7 to 9
- Work with the Children Pastor to develop YLD ministries on Sunday mornings and on weeknights for children/youth from birth to grade 9
- Work with the Youth Adult Pastor to ensure a smooth transition from Youth Life to English congregation
- Develop and motivate leaders
- Preach regularly in the youth service
- Teach Sunday School
- Select and review curriculum materials and educational tools
- Provide visitation and pastoral counselling; reach out to parents
- Recruit, train and coordinate various activities with volunteers
- Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Strong computer and technological skills.
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Deacon Richard Wong
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6431 ]