Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
Work within a team setting to oversee and develop our growing Young Life Division (YLD) ministries, with a focus on children from birth to grade 6.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (200+ people), Mandarin (200+ people), Cantonese (550+ people) and Young Life Division (150+ people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the spiritual needs of children from birth to grade 6
- Work with the Youth Pastor to develop YLD ministries on Sunday mornings and on weeknights for children/youth from birth to grade 9
- Develop and motivate leaders
- Preach regularly in the children services
- Teach Sunday School
- Select and review curriculum materials and educational tools
- Provide visitation and pastoral counselling; reach out to parents
- Recruit, train and coordinate various activities with volunteers
- Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Strong computer and technological skills.
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Deacon Richard Wong
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6432 ]