Manager of Programs
Manager of Programs
Hamilton, Ontario , L8L4J5
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Job Region: Hamilton-Wentworth
Are you committed to the development of children and youth living in low-income communities? Are you committed to making a difference through great programs for children and youth? CityKidz is looking for a Manager of Programs to join their team. The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic and a highly capable individual with a strong background in children’s programming and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams. They will have experience, passion, and insight into the needs and issues affecting children and families living in poverty, in Canada.
In Canada, more than 1 in 7 children live in poverty; in Hamilton, it’s 1 in 4. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we’re looking for committed people who work with us to help kids “Dream Big Dreams” and reach their full potential. CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
Children and youth between the ages of three to sixteen are bused in from Hamilton’s most vulnerable neighborhoods to experience dynamic, life-changing programs. Relationships and mentoring are at the core of our programs and we engage in home visits to connect with the families.
Working with the Associate Executive Director, the Manager of Programs oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the CityKidz programs, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and managing program activities.
- Program Management
- Leads the implementation of the CityKidz Program model in KinderKidz, CityKidz, CityYouth Summer to Remember and Gift of Christmas.
- Encourages all staff and volunteers to demonstrate CityKidz values and ethos in all they do.
- Coordinates program delivery with the Operations, Production, and Volunteers teams.
- Human Resource Management
- Equips and coaches the coordinators of the various programs.
- Oversees the recruitment and performance coaching of all staff and volunteers within this program department in collaboration with the Associate Executive Director.
- Facilitates annual Performance Reviews for program staff.
- Financial Management
- Contributes to the annual budgeting process with Associate Executive Director.
- Oversees reporting and monitoring of the budgets within the Programs Department.
- Strategy and Vision Mapping
- Contributes to the Leadership Team’s creation of the multi-year strategy.
- Contributes to the annual Vision Mapping process with the Program, Operations, and Volunteer Management departments.
The Manager of Programs will be thoroughly committed to CityKidz values, mission, and vision. This position requires program delivery, leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete, demonstrable experiences and other qualifications include:
- a university degree and related experience in non-profit management, social work or child development.
- at least 3-years leadership management of teams within the non-profit sector.
- program development for children and youth.
- program assessment, design, monitor, and evaluation.
- Self-leadership and committed to personal development.
- analytical and problem-solving skills.
- strong written and verbal communication skills (English).
Full-time position, $50,000-$55,000 annual compensation, free parking, good location, great team plus a benefit plan after three months.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to laura@citykidz with the subject: Program Manager Application by March 15, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz, please visit www.citykidz.ca
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6446 ]