Social Media & Web Contributor (Volunteer)
Social Media & Web Contributor (Volunteer)
Markham, Ontario , L3R 0E7
At Tearfund, we are Christians passionate about ending poverty. At Tearfund, you join other Christians around the world who are passionate about ending poverty and believe that the poor are precious to God. We believe that working with the local church is the best way to transform lives, restore relationships, and help people lift themselves out of poverty. When disasters strike, we respond quickly. We won't stop until poverty stops.
- Work experience in an organization with a vision to see all people freed from poverty, living transformed lives and reaching their God-given potential.
- You will learn and gain experience in international development with a brand that is globally recognized.
- You will refine your story-telling skill set and learn more about writing for the non-profit sector
- You will be involved in writing incredible stories on how God is changing the lives of people all over the world in remarkable ways.
Position: Social Media / Web (Volunteer)
- Reports to: Marketing and Communication’s Manager
- Location: Markham, Ontario or remotely
- Schedule: 8-12 hours a week (hours and times are flexible).
- Application deadline: No Application Deadline
The Tearfund Canada team is made of Christians passionate about ending poverty. We are part of a worldwide family of Tearfund organizations. Tearfund Canada leads excellent projects in 11 countries in Africa and Asia with long-term Church based partners.
We raise funds from individuals and churches, as well as from Global Affairs Canada and
through our membership in the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. Tearfund Canada serves as the
official relief and development partner of five denominations and many independent churches.
Inspired by the example and teaching of Jesus, we recognize that people have deeply
interconnected material and spiritual needs. We seek to meet those needs by working through
local Christian networks across Africa and Asia - primarily through churches and faith-based
organizations who are at the heart of their communities.
The volunteer social media / web contributor loves to develop and share stories of how God is transforming lives across the world. This person is an excellent story-teller, a creative out-of-the-box thinker, and knows how to write engaging content for a digital platform. They constantly seek to tell the story of the impact Tearfund’s programs are having to individuals to inspire and contribute to Tearfund’s mission.
This person helps with the creation of content and collateral material for social media and web. They are expert uses of social media and are up-to-date with the latest trends and best-practices.
- Writing various pieces of content including field stories and testimonials for Tearfund’s Social Media platforms and website
- The curation of photos, short and long videos, and infographics for social media and web
- Assists with the ideation and curation of Tearfund’s social media plan
- Assists with the ideation and development of Tearfund’s digital donor engagement strategy
- Assist with the development and management of social media and web paid advertisement including Facebook Ads and Google Adwords
- Fully aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Tearfund Canada, including the Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Expectations.
- A passion and willingness to learn about international development and Tearfund Canada’s mission.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’ various types of content.
- Ability to write short yet captivating stories that engage donors and audiences on social media
- Eager and capable of growing Tearfund’s social media following and increasing organic web traffic and engagement
- Ability to summarize complex concepts and information in a concise, donor-centric manner, that doesn’t lose essential elements
- Knowledgeable about Social Media paid advertising and management and SEO
- Up-to-date with the latest social media trends (especially in the non-profit sector)
Send a brief cover letter why you’re the right person for this role, along with your current resume, and a 5-10 bullets of ideas on how you would grow/improve Tearfund’s social media engagement to email@example.com
Note: No application deadline - we will hire once suitable applicant is found. Please apply by email only, with cover letter, resume, and bullet-points to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and Christian mission of Tearfund Canada. Tearfund Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for applying, however will only reply to those selected for interviews. No phone calls please. To learn more about Tearfund Canada, visit Tearfund.ca
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 6452 ]