The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Scarborough, Ontario , M1V4Y1
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a multilingual church with 3 congregations: English, Cantonese and Mandarin. The pastors for Children’s Ministry are to:
- Equip families in the raising of their children with the knowledge of God’s Word and love
- Nurture children within our church body through the implementation of creative programs and events that help children grow spiritually, emotionally, and relationally with other children and adults
- Reach out into the community
We are seeking a full-time Pastor of Children’s Ministry who will minister to the children in our midst (infants through grade 6). You will provide energetic leadership in executing current programs and have enthusiasm and vision to expand the ministry. You will work in collaboration with the pastoral and lay leadership teams that minister to children. This position reports directly to the Charge Pastor of Children’s Ministry.
The Pastor of Children’s Ministry will manage various aspects of programming for children including, but not limited to:
- Teaching and preaching at children’s worship services
- Planning, coordinating, and executing children and family programs
- Recruiting, training, leading and supporting Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Providing pastoral care to encourage, enabling and equipping families and supporting the need of spiritual leadership at home
- Providing Child Safety Training for parents, leaders, volunteers and the congregation as a whole
- Providing administrative support to Children Ministry
- Performing any other ministry related job responsibilities as assigned
- A degree from an accredited academic institution in a related field. Masters of Divinity an asset. Background in child development or education an asset.
- Minimum three years of experience related to Children’s Ministry in a local church or a Christian organization
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Strive for personal spiritual growth through daily Bible reading, prayer, and fellowshipping in a Christian community
- A passion and vision to evangelize to and disciple children with the joint effort of the church and their family at home
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and excellent communication and administrative skills. Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset.
- Proficient in basic computer software and the willingness to learn new software
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Search Committee for Children’s Pastor
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church
3223 Kennedy Road, Scarborough, Ontario, M1V 4Y1
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6456 ]