Full Time Manager
Full Time Manager
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national organization with over 50 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult and children’s literacy programs, church planter training and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store Orleans is seeking a full-time manager who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). Reporting to the Board of Directors of BFM (Orleans) Enterprises Society, the position is responsible to oversee and manage the day to day operation of the Orleans store, including assigning, overseeing and guiding a dynamic group of volunteer workers and volunteer department heads. The position works with the Board on planning and priority-setting, budgeting and policy development. The position also establishes and maintains operational procedures and internal controls, ensures compliance with government legislation, and is responsible for the ongoing achievement of internal and national operational standards.
The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined, organized individual with an eye for detail and a firm, tactful, supportive approach to interpersonal relations and communications. French language skills would be a definite asset. The right candidate will understand the unique retail environment of a thrift store, be committed to exceptional customer service, and be able to effectively direct, guide and support the work of store volunteers and staff.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- Preparedness to participate and lead others in prayer and devotions, including daily opening devotions, meetings of staff and volunteers, and at other BFM local and national gatherings and events
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a retail environment, including a comprehensive working knowledge and experience in human resource management, financial management, facilities operations and basic information technology systems.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience.
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation and regulations, especially pertaining to employment standards and governance of not-for-profit corporations
- Understanding of the team-building process, with experience in building effective teams and creating a positive, supportive team environment
- Commitment to supporting and furthering the vision, values and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada)
- Proficiency in the use of email, on-line resources and Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Experience in developing and implementing successful retail marketing strategies, including both traditional and emerging marketing methods
- Experience in policy implementation, including establishing and maintaining related procedures
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and training
- Proficiency in spoken and written French communication a definte asset
Compensation and working conditions
This is a salaried managerial position. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. In common with most retail management positions, the average workweek often exceeds 40 hours and includes a minimum of one Saturday each month, and often two. Attendance at monthly meetings of the Board of Directors is required. The Manager is also expected to consult on a regular basis with staff at the BFM Foundation (Canada) office and to make the fullest use of the resources that are available.
If you have the qualifications and motivation to succeed in this challenging position, we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by March 29th, 2019 via email to email@example.com.
Full job description is available upon request.
BFM (Orleans) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Assistance with accommodation and travel may be provided upon request for non-local candidates invited to complete the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6491 ]