Seniors Ministry Coordinator
Seniors Ministry Coordinator
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 3J6
About St. John’s, Grimsby
St. John’s is an intergenerational Christian family where all are welcomed and valued. We are an integral contributing member of the Grimsby community by sharing Christ’s good news spiritually, socially and practically. St. John’s is Christ-centered and community-focused. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we encourage all people to grow in faith and to share their spiritual gifts. Our congregation reaches out to share Christ’s good news by teaching and building relationships. At St. John's, we worship with a blended style and strive to offer meaningful programs and events where people of all ages can grow deeper in their relationships with Christ and one another. We currently have approximately 40-50 active senior adults who participate/attend Sunday worship as well as participate in other various ministry programs. St. John’s also has approximately 20 senior adult members who are unable to attend church in person due to health/mobility reasons which we are called to serve and minister to in their place of residence (this may be at Retirement Homes, Long Term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes etc.)
St. John's is searching for a gifted and passionate Christian leader to become part of our staff. We are looking for someone to serve the Lord by ministering to the senior adults within our congregation.
The successful candidate will serve St. John’s by being a champion for our seniors. The Seniors Ministry Coordinator will be a mature Christian who wants to deepen his or her faith in Christ and grow his or her professional experience through this job opportunity. This person will have a love for all people, strong leadership skills especially with seniors, experience in providing ministry opportunities to this demographic and have a strong pastoral background.
The expectations of the job will include:
- Attend Sunday Worship Services frequently in order to establish and build relationships with the congregation
- May be required to participate in some aspects of the Sunday Worship service as directed by our Minister
- Regularly communicate with the Pastoral Care Team/Chair as well as the Minister on pastoral needs for the Seniors population
- In partnership with the Pastoral Care Team & Chair, help to plan and conduct monthly gatherings at Albright Manor, Beamsville where many of St. John’s senior adults currently reside
- Plan and conduct regular visits to members and adherents of St. John’s; these may occur in Retirement Homes, Long Term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes, or those who are still in their personal residence but unable to travel
- Participate in the ministry to residents in Nursing Homes as part of the Grimsby Ministerial outreach
- Provide pastoral visits to members/adherents of St. John’s in Hospital
- Develop, plan and lead creative ministry programs for senior adults
- Support the logistics and coordination of the Senior’s Stride Program in cooperation with the Grimsby Life Centre
- Microsoft Office and basic computer skills are required
- Travel within the local region will be required
- Current Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (CRC-VSS) within 12 months from the date of issue is required as per the Leading with Care Policy
This position is a part-time role, with an annual salary established at $12,960 based on 60 hours per month. Position to start immediately.
All resumes and cover letters are due by March 18, 2019. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If God has placed a ministry opportunity like this on your heart, we would love to hear from you!
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6499 ]