Bridging People and Possibilities  |  A Service of  Tyndale University College & Seminary
This Month's Sponsor
Spring in the Chapel 2019: 

Tyndale invites you to join us as we celebrate the resurrected Christ during this Easter season. This benefit concert is directed by Dr. Melissa Davis and features the Tyndale Community Choir and other musical artists — April 13th, at 3:00pm

Site Pastor

Site Pastor

Company: North Park Community Church
Contact Person: Matthew Eckert
Location/Address:
1510 Fanshawe Park Road Eaast
London, Ontario , N5X 4A3
Phone: 519-457-1400

Position Description

North Park Community Church is an incredible church community in London, Ontario with attendance of about 1,800. Our main site hosts 3 services each weekend (1 Saturday and 2 Sunday) with an additional Traditional Service on Sundays and a Mandarin service on Sundays. Our focus is to reach new young families who do not have a church connection, and we have put significant resources behind this.

In September 2018 we launched a new site at a church we purchased – this site has already attracted close to 100 people in the first 6 months, mostly from the community it is located in.

This year, we will be taking possession of another church building in Stratford, Ontario, a 40-minute drive from North Park, and anticipate launching a new church in September 2019. This building is situated in a great neighbourhood with 2 high schools nearby. The main auditorium can seat 200 people.

Role Summary:

Launch a new church in Stratford with the full support (financial and admin) of an established church – what an unique opportunity.

The Stratford Site Pastor is the key point person for this new Stratford congregation. Teaching is your primary gift that has been enhanced over several years in a variety of teaching contexts. You are also a solid leader with a desire to help people find their gifts and be released to serve the local church.

Your responsibilities as the Stratford Site Pastor will comprise 70% of your time. The remaining 30% will be allocated to other ministry needs within North Park that align with your skills, gifts and interests.

Responsibilities

  • You will lead the local leadership team, made up initially of yourself, part-time children’s ministry and key ministry volunteers. As the church grows, there will be opportunities to hire new staff.
  • You will plan weekend services that are engaging and culturally relevant. It is anticipated that you will preach regularly at the Stratford site, but also be part of the North Park teaching team that will take you to the other sites to preach. You will also be part of a team to raise up more speakers for the church and guide their journey as you give them opportunities to preach in Stratford and mentor them.
  • You will develop a small group ministry that will allow people to be cared for a grow in their faith.
  • You will work with the other site pastors in dreaming about and developing teaching series. At times all sites will align their teaching and at times each site pastor will engage in content unique to their context.
  • You love a local community and will engage with people and organizations in Stratford to grow your influence for the flourishing of the city. We believe the local church must have a voice for the sake of the city.
  • You will help to catalyze volunteers/leaders, helping them find their sweet spot of ministry.

North Park Engagement

  • You will report to the Site Pastor of our site launched in September 2018, giving you solid mentoring and support from someone “in the trenches”.
  • As you launch this site, you will have access to support from North Park congregants in music, tech and key volunteers to lift ministries off the ground while the local team develops.
  • You will have full access to the North Park administration team, including website and social media support, graphic design skills, financial reporting and building maintenance. We want you to engage in ministry and not be distracted by administrative concerns – we have gifted people who love this area of the church.
  • You will work with North Park’s Care Team Lead to ensure the provision of pastoral care for the congregation.
  • You will participate in North Park’s unique Going Deeper Guide opportunities across all sites in your area of giftedness.
  • You will be part of the North Park team as a whole, participating in staff meetings, staff prayer and other functions. You will most likely spend one day a week at North Park enjoying the support of like-minded friends and colleagues.
Posted: March 6, 2019 | Expires: April 30, 2019
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6502 ]