Guelph, Ontario , N1E 6K9
Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
We are seeking a contract Pastoral Care Associate/Chaplain to provide spiritual/religious/emotional support and pastoral counseling on the basis of need to patients, family, staff and volunteers. This is a 4 month contract beginning May 1st, 2019.
Located in Guelph, Ontario, Homewood Health Centre is a fully accredited 300-bed mental health and addiction facility. We offer nationally-recognized programs and services tailored to the needs of the patient and treating a range of mental health and addiction conditions. Founded in 1883, we are renowned for the quality of our treatment, our medical and clinical credibility, and the breadth and depth of our multidisciplinary team.
What you'll be doing
- Provide individual pastoral counseling and support to patients, families, and staff
- Provide facilitation of groups
- Ensure that pastoral care program activities are designed for the specific needs and abilities of the patients
- Provide crisis support for patients and families
- Collaborate in the scheduling, development, and facilitation of groups as assigned
- Assist teams to deal with death and dying and provides support for palliative patients and their families, based on best practices and the Hospice Palliative Care Model (and as applicable)
- Attend clinical and interdisciplinary team meetings, contributing to the team regarding interactions with patients and families
- Plans and leads hospital wide Worship services
- Documents in patient’s chart progress notes according to documentation standards
What we're looking for
- Theological degree at Master’s level
- A member of the Canadian Association for Spiritual care (CASC) and Psychotherapists of Ontario’
- Endorsed by a Faith Group/Denomination
- Experience with Interfaith or Multi-faith engagement
- Knowledge of types of therapy interventions – CBT, DBT, mindfulness
- Group Facilitation experience
- Part Time, approximately 28 hours per week
- May include occasional evenings or weekends/holidays as required
Why work for us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6511 ]