Senior Web Designer
Senior Web Designer
London, Ontario , N6E 4A3
Compassion Canada, located in London Ontario, is looking for a Senior Web Designer who is passionate about our mission to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. As a member of the broader Marketing Team, you will work collaboratively with our design team, our developers and, in cooperation with the Creative Director to maintain and improve Compassion’s core web products. You’ll have the opportunity to create amazing digital products and deliver outstanding experiences to our sponsors and donors.
Experience: 3-5 years
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: London, Ontario
The successful candidate must have:
- Extensive experience with the latest HTML and CSS standards including HTML5 and CSS3, SASS or LESS development with well-organized code structuring, as well as knowledge of HTML email requirements
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch or Figma
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision or XD
- A passion for solving core product problems by working closely with developers and peers throughout the product life cycle to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Design various deliverables including site maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals to create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates your visual design skills
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive experience developing for mobile environments, responsive design, including full cross-browser and cross-platform testing practices
- Experience and familiarity with reporting on project status and working with a project manager
- Clear understanding of User Interface (UI) methodologies and user experience (UX) best practices, including an ability and desire to adapt designs based on User Experience research data and external stakeholder needs
- Previous UI/UX, PHP and WordPress experience with a background in agency, corporate or consulting work
Since Compassion Canada is a Christian Mission organization whose role involves both ministry in and to the local church, both in Canada and abroad, and since it is expected of our donor base that we operate as a Christian ministry giving honour to Jesus Christ, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular chapel services and corporate prayers.
- Pray with donors when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with donor’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others).
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Promote and defend the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
It is further recognized that, since Compassion Canada is a Church-based ministry, both in Canada and abroad, each employee should be a member in good standing of a church that is in agreement with Statement of Faith of Compassion Canada.
For further details, please visit our website at https://www.compassion.ca/employment/senior-web-designer/
Applicants should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 6514 ]