Technical Production Coordinator
Technical Production Coordinator
Winnipeg , Manitoba , R3P1B8
Reports To: Director of Worship & Creative Arts
Key working relationships:
- Communications Department
- Property Department
- Ministry staff
- Linden Christian School
As theTechnical Production Coordinatorfor Grant Memorial Baptist Church (GMBC), the incumbent will work as a contributing member of the Worship Ministries Team with a clear focus on technical support for Sunday services and occasional events, as required.
The incumbent will oversee the technical production for worship services, Audio Visual Technical (AVT) development, implementation, and training requirements for GMBC. Responsibilities will include providing ongoing support to end users with technical support for audiovisual equipment, digital equipment, and software/hardware related to technical production for uses in the sanctuary.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday. This position is a full time equivalent position equal to 37.5 hours per week. There is a requirement to work at least one evening per week and Sundays, as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Operations:
- Work with the Creative and Music Teams to plan, organize, and effectively execute quality weekend services and special events (as requested), providing technical support to generate and deliver proper solutions for all multimedia use.
- Ensure timely upload of service plans and other events.
- Develop and oversee live streaming of services and events with responsibility to upload messages to the website effectively and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively with Creative Team to design staging and set elements.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Oversees visiting productions and rentals including orienting guest speakers, bands, etc, to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations.
- Provide technical support for weekly rehearsals, ensuring all aspects of Sunday services are dealt with in advance of the service.
- Lead technical production specific to special events, as designated as well as Sunday services; or ensure alternate supports are in place.
- Awareness and approval of weekly activities (not related to Sunday services) in the sanctuary.
- Provide ongoing AV support for the sanctuary on Sundays to end users including installation, maintenance, training, and end-user technical support/troubleshooting of hardware and software for all audiovisual equipment including LCD projectors, monitors, TV’s, DVD players, overheads,cameras, sound equipment, etc .
- Recruit, train, and lead production volunteer teams, striving to increase quality and efficiency of all services.
- Ensure there is an efficient process to schedule production teams weekly, creating agendas, tracking activities and action items, including follow-up reporting.
- Develop standard operating procedures inclusive of processes for trouble- shooting documentation for maintenance and training purposes.
- Provide the necessary training to school staff operating AV and related equipment in the sanctuary.
- Collaborate with Ministry Director on budget for the technical consideration for the department. Monitor expenses within budget guidelines.
- Equipment Care:
- Monitor the condition of equipment including video gear, lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arrange for the repair and replacement as needed.
- Maintain preventive maintenance on equipment, including inventory listings and maintenance records.
- Identify need for future equipment upgrades, advancements, and installations.
- Maintain a professional care and attention to the equipment and public appearance of technical equipment.
- Staff at Grant Memorial Baptist Church/Linden Christian School exemplify:
- A sincere love for the Lord evidenced by lifestyle
- Regular attendance at weekly services
- Commitment to a small group
- Faithfulness in tithing
- Adherence to Doctrinal Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs & Lifestyle Commitment
- Attend weekly staff prayer meetings and general staff meetings
- Be available for other areas to support the successful ministry of the school and church
- Be able to interact with others and demonstrate the values of GMBC/LCS
- Be available as opportunity arises to share faith, Bible scriptures and principles based on the Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs and Lifestyle Commitment, to pray with individuals and to actively communicate a belief in the Lord Jesus Christ
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Email applications to email@example.com
Once suitable candidate is selected
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 6537 ]