Community Development Coordinator
Community Development Coordinator
Kamloops, British Columbia
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community. The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in the cities where it has its presence and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty.
The Community Development Coordinator in Kamloops will rally community support and build solid donor relationships for the Kamloops ministry. This position will support and report to the Director of Development—Calgary and will plan, manage and implement Kamloops’ development and community engagement activities by cultivating relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community. This position will work closely with the Managing Director – Kamloops and report to this role as a dotted line.
The Community Development Coordinator will be committed to seeing the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed actively achieved by facilitating a variety of opportunities for the community to support our mission, both financially and in many cases volunteer opportunities. This is a professional level position responsible for the execution of an integrated development plan that results in fostering community patronage, engagement activities and financial support.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed throughout the Kamloops region and be an example of the Christian values and principles that are the foundation of our ministry
- Support existing programs that increase awareness of the work of the Kamloops Mustard Seed
- Act as a project lead on several internal and third party events
- Coordinate with interdepartmental groups to leverage any relevant current programs and procedures, such as Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Legacy Giving, Community Engagement and Volunteer Resources
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports and statistics on progress and activities achieved against the key performance indicators established
- Support the Fund Development Officer in the development, implementation and execution of the Development strategy and program to nurture, solicit, close, and steward individual, corporate, church, foundation, and association donations with a view to increasing revenue for the Kamloops operations.
- Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors annually contributing $500 to $5,000, with the goal of increasing donation revenue each year.
- Support in stewardship activities the Managing Director and Director of Development by engaging individual and corporate donors and supporters who provide gifts of $5,000+.
- Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the Grant Writer with the preparation of grant applications directed to The Mustard Seed Kamloops.
- Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
- Maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
- Hands-on planning and coordination of all Development activities and special events.
- Community Engagement
- Establish strong rapport and relationships in the Kamloops community by representing our values in all community interactions including church, educational venues, community business leaders, and other non-profit agencies
- Build and implement a strategic Community Engagement program aligned with and supportive of The Mustard Seed’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Alberta Community Engagement teams, and localize those strategies specific to the Kamloops community needs
- Creatively and analytically identify strategic opportunities to cultivate and engage key supporters, providing opportunities to match supporters’ interests with organizational priorities
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education, with preference given to an applicant with 1 to 3 years of experience in fundraising within a non-profit environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, making presentations and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
- Ability to professionally manage strategic partnerships with churches, consultants, businesses, and government representatives
- Customer service experience is an asset. Two years of experience in a customer service role is preferred
- Experience in SalesForce or other Donor Database Management system an asset
- Exceptional planning and prioritization skills, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, writing reports and letters
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to accomplish results
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, clean Driver’s Abstract, and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- This is a full-time permanent position working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Time in excess of regular working hours will be required to meet deadlines that arise from time to time.
- Occasional evenings and weekends will be required
- This position is based in Kamloops; however, some travel outside British Columbia to Calgary or Edmonton in Alberta on occasion may be required
- Office setting but requires frequent offsite meetings and presentations. May be out of the office on a regular basis. Extended computer use, sitting, reaching, walking, standing, and minimal lifting
- Mental effort: moderate, periods of high volume workload
- Employment security check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our Statement of Faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6541 ]