Communications & Creative Coordinator
Communications & Creative Coordinator
Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
This position promotes the mission and vision of the church as established by the Elders, by using relevant and engaging channels of communication and creative arts for edification and information to both internal and external audiences.
- Plan communications strategy and organize upcoming calendar of promotions to ensure consistency, unity and alignment of all communication channels for the church and ministries.
- Work in collaboration with ministries to gather information needed to promote and plan appropriate communication messages.
- Write forms of print and electronic communications each week (i.e. email blasts, bulletins, social media posts) in a way that actively engages and communicates with target audience.
- Collaborate with the web developer to update and maintain the church website on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as the ‘eyes’ for all things print and electronic, ensuring clear communication, brand presence and consistency.
- Lead the creative process (under the direction of the Senior Pastor) for designing, creating and executing all creative elements for use in weekend worship services and ministry activities.
- Recruit, train, equip and care for people to form a Creative Team in support of weekend services and all ministries that edifies the church through Creative Arts.
- Manage the Creative Arts budget.
- Competency & experience in graphic design to be used in communicating and promoting ministry activities.
- Additional giftedness in photo and video would be considered an asset.
- Produce stories of gospel impact through creative arts that edify the body of Christ (eg. God at Work videos)
- Maintain brand management of the church through all forms of creative and communication.
- Other administrative duties as necessary
Core Competency & Requirements:
- Follower of Jesus Christ who is in agreement with Harvest York Region’s Doctrinal Statement & Beliefs and will maintain membership at Harvest York Region including all ongoing requirements.
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to reach others.
- Able to articulate a biblical understanding of ministry goals and be committed to the Harvest model.
- Able to encourage, inspire and motivate others towards excellence.
- Great collaborative team player who works well in an office environment.
- Loves dealing with all kinds of people, has exceptional relational skills and is able to build effective relationships.
- Can handle stressful situations and works well in a fast paced environment.
- Highly detailed and organized person who is creative and highly productive and is able to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Teachable, committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses, and has an ongoing pursuit of humility and holiness.
- Excellent written and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Can properly and effectively create content for use on multiple formats.
- Ability to translate ideas and concepts into creative visuals for print and online.
- Understands and is knowledgeable on the graphic standards for print and digital.
- Proficient with graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong knowledge of and able to leverage technology including proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Suite products).
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (Full-Time)
- This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Review after 3 months, 6 months and a year.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6572 ]