Shaunavon, Saskatchewan , S0N 2M0
Reporting to Student Life Director, Education Director
Rock Solid Refuge (RSR) is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. This program is built on four pillars—Faith & Discipleship, Mentorship, Education, Life Skills—to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens. Rock Solid Refuge is a farm setting, 34 kms northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
- Represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
- Interns (40 – 44 hrs/week) work in various roles supervising and assisting students, as needed, such as Youth Care Worker (YCW); classroom; assisting with level work, maintenance, and work projects; night watch duty.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to students
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Have fulfilled the requirements of respective post-secondary school
- Ability to demonstrate and share Christian biblical beliefs with our students
- Ability to provide support to students with social, communication, and behaviour challenges
- Ability to work well under RSR leadership
- First Aid certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training provided yearly)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must agree with RSR’s core values and statement of faith, demonstrated by servanthood to God, RSR students and staff, donors, and leadership
- Respect the spiritual heritage and non-denominational culture of RSR.
- Know RSR’s expectations of staff and students.
- Cultivate relationships with our students.
- Student supervision (24/7): ensure safety; drive them to appointments; participate in day passes; maintain control; enforce rules; assist in handling conflicts.
- Assist in planning and leading Physical Education, and Work Projects.
- Spiritual care: prepare and lead devotionals; assist in teaching and mentoring students.
- Classroom: supervise, tutor, and assist students, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Night Watch: assist in supervising students, morning and evening; ensure student’s compliance and safety during sleep hours.
- Staff debrief, lock-down, and student reports, nightly.
- Some administrative tasks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
$1000/month, Rate includes room and board.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6573 ]