Brantford, Ontario , N3R 3V9
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” – 1 Peter 4:10-11
You’ve developed your skills through hours of training, careful work and attention. That same mindset has helped you grow in your faith.
Now, you’d love to combine your faith, trades experience, and sense of mission to make a difference for the youth in your community.
We are Organized Kaos, a Brantford-based charity organization that exists to disciple young people in life and trade, inspiring hope and purpose. We offer a safe environment for young people to work and learn alongside skilled tradespersons from local churches. In our “side-by-side” mentorship, we use a hands-on approach and use the trades as a medium for building relationships, teaching life skills, and sharing the Gospel.
If you’re looking for a purpose-driven role and feel a calling to make a difference in people’s lives, then you may be our new Engagement Coordinator.
About the Position
Your primary goals in this position are to pastor our team of volunteer trades mentors, while coordinating, organizing, and providing leadership to our shop and youth programs. A smaller, but equally important, part of your role will be to provide administrative and fundraising support to our organization.
- Pastoring mentors – You’ll attend and participate in our weekly programs where you’ll encourage and lead trades mentors to share Christ with the students. You’ll stay aware of the emotional and spiritual needs of the students and provide in-the-moment leadership to help mentors meet those needs. You’ll look for areas of growth for mentors and arrange training when needed. Outside of our program nights, you’ll connect with mentors to encourage them and show our appreciation.
- Program coordination – You’ll organize and schedule mentors and students to ensure programs run smoothly and meet the needs of our students. You’ll maintain our high-quality training and mentorship by preserving a 1:2 ratio of mentors to students. You’ll track student hours, coordinate meetings between students and mentors, and send weekly team communications.
- Shop leadership – You’ll ensure our shop stays clean and organized, and that we have the tools and materials we need for our projects. Safety will be one of your top priorities – you’ll ensure our students and mentors are working safely, wearing their PPE, and that there is a mentor with First Aid/CPR to open the shop.
In all you do, you’ll ensure students and mentors are cared for, shown appreciation, and provided with a safe environment to work and foster relations.
Why you’re made for this role:
You have trades experience, along with a heart for people and dedication to sharing in your faith.
You’re enthusiastic, and outgoing – connecting with others comes easily to you, and building deep relationships energizes you. And while you’ll be working closely with our founders, mentors, and students, this role requires a high degree of autonomy and independence, so your self-motivated nature and organizational skills will be crucial to your success.
Working with Organized Kaos
This is a permanent role, with an anticipated start date of July 2nd, 2019.
You’ll work 30 hours per week to start, with a strong possibility of extension to 40 hours per week, due to our growth. You’ll have an opportunity to define your own schedule, which can be flexible depending on program needs. Most of our mentor/student meetings occur in the evenings, so you will need to have evening availability.
Our target starting salary for the 75% full-time workload is $32,000/year (which will increase as your hours increase). As an awesome perk, you’ll have full access to our shop, whenever you may need it for your own projects.
Here are our must-haves:
- Active member of a local church, and live within Brantford or a neighboring community
- Experience in the trades, with experience working on job sites (any kind)
- Willingness to participate in leadership training and retreats, as well as to engage with a personal mentor or accountability group on a regular basis
And here’s what would be an asset, but is not required:
- Experience in a volunteer engagement or program coordination role for a charity/non-profit organization
- Experience working with youth
- Experience working as a pastor
- Experience volunteering with Organized Kaos
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/38787?s=c1
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6578 ]