Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Sibling Program Intern
Sibling Program Intern
Toronto, Ontario , M4P3C8
Village Eulogia offers 3 Summer Internship Positions with unique training and opportunities in developing and implementing recreational programs at Camp Eulogia for families with children/adults who have special needs. Camp Eulogia is an annual overnight retreat held over one week (Camp 1: Aug 9-12; Camp 2: Aug 13-16) for families with children/adults who have special needs. At the camp, parents, siblings, and children with special needs will have separate programs on parts of the days. There will also be worship and other community time at the camp.
Sibling Program Intern (30 hours/week for 6 weeks Jul 6 – Aug 16)
Do you want to develop your passion of working with children and youth through exploration and practical experience? This 6 week internship opportunity will give you hands-on experience in facilitating a sibling support group for children and youth who have brothers or sisters with special needs. You will plan and explore under the guidance of a mentor ways to support siblings. You will receive Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (part of CPI). You will also be given opportunities to develop skills in spiritual discipleship and leadership. This experience is sure to give you a taste of the field of family support services and ministry. Flexible availability required some weekends.
- Passion and experience in supporting/mentoring siblings of individuals with special needs
- Experience programming for and facilitating children and/or youth programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Behaviour management skills is an asset
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Slack, Email, Dropbox, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check (valid for 3 years)
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Fluent in English
- Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset
- Planning and facilitating program for siblings (ages 8-15) of children/adults who have special needs
- Planning and facilitating group games for the entire camp
- Home visits
- Facilitate volunteer training
- Attend meetings with Mentors
- Attend training (including Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification training held by Village Eulogia’s Instructor)
- All other duties assigned
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 25, 2020. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6579 ]