Director of Student Ministries
Director of Student Ministries
Kitchener, Ontario , N2N 2M6
Director of Student Ministries (30 hours/week)
Westheights Community Church
Overview of Westheights Community Church:
Westheights Community Church is a vibrant, progressive community church located in the west side of the City of Kitchener. The church was planted in the late 1970’s when a group of people with a desire to reach out to a rapidly growing area of the city began meeting. Since then, the Westheights story has been one of growth and innovation as the congregation strives to be a contemporary Anabaptist expression of the Kingdom of God in Kitchener-Waterloo.
Sunday morning attendance averages 250 with a contemporary worship style, casual dress and an atmosphere of acceptance. Our desire is to help people develop a faith that transforms heart and mind and can be lived out well in daily life.
We are searching for a Director of Student Ministries who can provide effective oversight to all functions related to Student Ministries with the goal to see students (i.e. grades 6-12) grow spiritually and participate in God’s mission.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a ministry program for students in Jr and Sr high that is about helping students “find and follow Jesus”, and ultimately participating in what God is doing in the world
- Promote and encourage students to participate in the life of Westheights Community Church outside of Student Ministries
- Recruit, train, supervise and encourage volunteer leaders for Student Ministries
- Develop relationships with students and families outside of programmed events to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth
- Look for ways to engage in student-focused “outreach” in our neighbourhood
- Provide financial oversight of the Student Ministries budget that is marked by integrity and stewardship
- Administer Westheights Protection Plan with respect to student ministries
- Oversee the Westheights “Halloween for Hunger” initiative
- Participate in weekly Team Meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- Passion for seeing students encounter Jesus and grow as his followers
- Affirmed leadership abilities
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with Planning Center and G-Suite
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment:
The Director of Student Ministries will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
This position requires work on Sunday mornings (Jr High), Thursday evenings (Sr High) and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The average hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 30 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, part-time, based on 30 hours per week.
- Salary TBD
How to Apply:
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2019.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6583 ]