Mississauga, Ontario , L5V 2C7
Summer Student (30 hours per week) June – August
The Mississauga Chinese Presbyterian Church is an evangelical church planted by devoted Christians from the Toronto Chinese Presbyterian Church. The church relies on the power of the Holy Spirit to proclaim the love and good news of Jesus Christ through our words and actions. To fulfill our mission we embrace:
Fellowship with other Christians,
Learning and living Christ's teachings,
Outreaching to all people, and
Worshiping Him alone and doing Service in His name.
The congregation has grown to 100 people with two Sunday services, one in Chinese and the other in English. The English Ministry consists of about 25 people, with diverse age groups (high school to young adult) and backgrounds. To help the growth of our English Ministry, we have established a Youth Fellowship and a Small Group ministry.
Currently, we are seeking a summer student to serve the children’s ministry and assist in the English Ministry (30 hours per week). This position can lead to permanent part-time employment. The candidate should have the following qualifications and abilities:
- A 2nd or 3rd year Seminary Student
- A born-again Christian with a commitment to serve in a multi-lingual church
- Enjoy working with children and young people and provide the necessary leadership
- A passion for children ministry and evangelism
- A strong planner for youth and outreach events
- Teaching and music skills are assets.
Under the supervision of the Senior Minister, the duties of a summer student can include:
- Provide leadership for the core members of the Children Ministry.
- Help to plan /establish a vision that is appropriate for the Children Ministry.
- Cultivate and nurture the growth of youths and young adults in their Christian faith.
- Train and disciple young Christians into leaders and evangelists.
Please contact Rev. Hugo Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-819-4487 for further details. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to above email address and cc. Elder Leonard Yung at email@example.com
Note: deadline for sending resume is May 15
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6584 ]