Wellness Advocate - Mat Leave
Wellness Advocate - Mat Leave
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Wellness Advocate is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. The purpose of this position is to facilitate the case management of clients in our hub locations. It will connect clients with any needed external and internal resources. The position will be in our new partner locations throughout the city and will require strong collaborative practice with other agencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with new clients and do the Mustard Seed General Intake getting new clients referred as quickly as possible to other internal programs;
- Educate and empower clients to understand and achieve their rights and responsibilities, as participating members of society;
- Liaise with internal and external resources that will help clients increase their assets. This includes maintaining existing partnerships as well as developing new partnerships.
- Engage with the community to develop appropriate programming and support build partnership with other agencies within the community; Refer clients directly to internal and external resources.
- Advocate for clients as needed both to access resources within and outside the organization.
- Ensure clients accessed external resources by completing follow up with clients and agencies.
- Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Provide input into program evaluation upon request.
- Other duties as assigned. Administration
- Build a comprehensive library and knowledge base on community resources.
- Share and disseminate community resource information.
- Track assigned clients’ progress with external resources.
- Communicate relevant information to Caseworker about interactions with clients and observed behavior.
- Document client interactions, client referrals and client progress on HMIS.
- Track statistics and prepare reports, as required.
- Attend meetings and training, as assigned.
- Serve on internal and external committees, as requested.
- Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for designated programs.
- Keep clients’ records and information confidential, updated and secure.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- BSW or Bachelor in Psychology or equivalent.
- Three to five years of related working experience.
- Competent in use of MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative, time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Strong ability to facilitate and develop programs.
- Willing to assent to The Mustard Seed Statement of Faith.
- Willing to submit to an employment security check.
- Time in excess of regular working hours may be required on occasion
- Weekly evening hours required
- The position will be in our new partner locations throughout the city
- Local travel to various Mustard Seed sites and external agencies will be required
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6588 ]