Director of Children's Ministry
Director of Children's Ministry
Guelph/Eramosa, Ontario , N1H6J2
Grace Community Church (GCC), a vibrant and growing independent congregation just north of Guelph, is looking for a Director of Children's Ministries to join their staff team.
'Grace Kids' and 'Grace Nursery' are key teams at Grace that are both experiencing rapid growth as more and more young families with kids choose to make GCC their church home. Fall 2018 saw an overall growth rate of 22% at Grace and most of that growth is young families with little ones who are new to the city.
We are looking for a culturally aware, energetic and dynamic leader who has served in a large Church Kids Ministries context, and someone who is ready to take ownership and responsibility over our kids programming. We are looking to have our kids’ ministries become known as the best in the region, full of fun and powerful learning opportunities. Most importantly, we want our little ones to experience the authentic Presence of God in such a way that they are inspired to continue learning to love all things Jesus and all things Church.
Our staff culture is relaxed but focused, not micro-managed but driven by specific goals and deliverables. Each of our leaders are self-starters, results-oriented, detail-focused, and determined to achieve greatness in everything they do. At the same time, our team is focused on being soft-hearted and dependent on the Holy Spirit doing what only the Holy Spirit can do in terms of making their ministry work for God's Glory, the joy of His people, and - through the way that joy transforms their lives - the good of the City of Guelph and surrounding region.
The City of Guelph has long been known as a progressive, liberal, city that places a high value on environmental awareness, general inclusiveness and community engagement. In recent years, Guelph has been growing rapidly, especially in thesouth end of town, with many younger families from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) choosing to move to Guelph for its relatively more affordable real estate, and its combination of 'small town feel' with many of the amenities and services of a 'proper' city. With low unemployment, a growing real estate market, daily GO Train service to downtown Toronto and the long-term vibrancy added by the University of Guelph, Guelph is a lovely place to raise a family and build a life.
- Spiritual Maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation.
- Previous Children’s Ministry experience.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Passion and ability to work in a multicultural setting, with diverse family-types.
- Understanding of effective teaching practices, and childhood development.
- Ability to recruit, build, and sustain a functional, and effective leadership team.
- Ability to connect with children, and their families during program hours, and outside.
- Possess the ability to engage in effective conflict resolution when necessary.
- Relational, outgoing, with a passion for connecting with families.
- Teachable and open to mutual assessment.
- Ability to create and manage ministry budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in children’s ministry, or Children’s Degree an asset.
Duties consist of, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Joyfully serve as part of the Grace Community Church team to develop and cast vision and strategy for the holistic spiritual care and support of children, and their families at Grace Community Church and beyond.
- Provide pastoral care for and regular communication to all parents/guardians of children who are included in the Nursery or Grace Kids programs.
- To serve as the primary representative and spokesperson for Nursery and Grace Kids children and families.
- Responsible for overseeing (initiating, planning, and executing) the Grace Nursery and Kids Children’s Ministries on site Sundays, and any offsite or midweek events.
- Recruit, train, and support all Nursery and Grace Kids leaders in their Nursery and Grace Kids programming roles.
- Work with staff, and Grace Kids leaders to offer sermon-based curriculum, engaging activities, and high-impact worship, as well as other Grace Community Church vison-oriented programming.
- Maintain a safe ministry for leaders and families by managing all training, background checks, sign-in procedures, and by promoting a safe and orderly program-setting.
- Oversee program components, volunteer recruitment and training for a one week kid’s summer ½ day camp (VBS)
- Select and manage resources related to Children’s Ministry, including budget creation and supervision.
- Work in partnership with the Youth & Family Pastor to facilitate a smooth transition for children moving between Grace Kids: Nursery, Grace Kids: Elementary, and Grace Youth.
- Realistic goal-setting, vision-casting, and report-creating, in order to manage an accountable ministry, with appropriate goals.
- Participate in designated responsibilities of staff at Grace Community Church, which will include staff meetings, planning sessions, and other Grace Community Church staff functions.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6600 ]