Student Ministry Pastor
Student Ministry Pastor
Morden, Manitoba , R6M 1G3
Who are we:
Morden Alliance Church is a congregation of 275, with a strong, family emphasis and rich history of supporting missions work locally, nationally and overseas. In 2017, Morden Alliance Church began to discern a new vision and direction for our congregation. This visioning process resulted in our new vision and logo: Committed to Jesus, Investing in Each Other, Impacting the World. We see God doing new things at MAC that builds on the DNA of our rich history, while positioning us for an exciting future. There is a sense of joy and excitement that permeates our congregation that we are eager to continue to fan into flame.
About the Pastor of Student Ministry:
- Serve as a member of the staff team under the direction of the Lead Pastor
- Champion our growing and exciting student ministry, working to closely align it with the direction and vision of MAC
- Bring an outward focused passion to student ministry, equipping our students and volunteers to become disciples who make disciples
- Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to ensure a healthy and strong transition between kids and student ministry
- Responsible for leading and vision casting the student ministry teams
- Participate regularly in Sunday morning worship and other church events
- Be a contributing part of the leadership team
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in a related field, preferably from a theological bible school or seminary. The candidate must be licensed with the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada, or willing to become so prior to employment.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in a related field, such as children’s or youth ministry, preferably in a leadership role in a church or para-church environment. Experience in building and leading teams is an asset.
- A strong, passionate relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to follow biblical principles for life and ministry
- Teachability, humility, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Good chemistry with our people and our place
- A self-starter, who is eager to implement vision and strategy
- Possesses a pastoral heart, a love for students and their families, and a gift for creating community
What it’s like to live in Morden:
On the edge of the scenic Pembina Valley, Morden is home to events like the famous Corn & Apple Festival, the Back 40 Folk Festival, and the family-friendly Morden Block Party. There are venues for the arts including drama, music and art galleries, numerous outdoor recreation opportunities such as the biking and hiking trails around Lake Minnewasta, fantastic XC ski trails, zip lining over the Pembina Valley or connecting with the Trans-Canada Trail. Morden’s growing economy provides ample amenities, and our proximity to Winkler (10min) and Winnipeg (1 hour) allow easy access to larger centres. Our four schools, affordable housing options, recreation centres and family-focused atmosphere make Morden a fantastic place to raise a family.
Posting will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Potential candidates please submit cover letter, resume, and references (personal and work related) to: Stafford Greer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6606 ]