Special Needs Ministry Worker
Special Needs Ministry Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M4P 3C8
Supervisor: Program Director
Spiritual Level: Moderate - Mature
Spiritual Gifts: Have a passion to work with those with special needs. Compassion, encouragement, administration.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Passion for working with families with special needs.
- Experience working with children who have special needs, parents/guardians, and volunteers.
- Dependable, friendly, enthusiastic, creative, organized.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Preferred field of profession: teaching, therapeutic recreation, ECE, disability studies, social work, disability support worker, etc.
- Fluency in multiple languages is an asset.
Job Type: Part-time – 10 hours per week, flex hours, hours increases up to 20 per week in October.
Duration of Commitment: 1 year with possible renewal
About Village Eulogia:
Village Eulogia is a growing Christian community (registered charitable organization)for families with children and young adults with special needs. Eulogia is the Greek word for blessing and it is our prayer, that through the programs of Village Eulogia,
families can bathe in the Lord’s blessings. We serve each member of the family (parents, children/young adults with special needs, siblings) and the family as a whole. We are looking for a Special Needs Ministry Worker to develop and facilitate respite
and year-round ministry activities for families with special needs. This position will be of interest to someone who wants to use their ministry and program development passion and skills to make a difference to children with special needs, their siblings,
and caregivers/parents, while working part time from their home-based office.
Purpose of Position
To coordinate and supervise children’s programs at family retreat in the summer(Camp Eulogia), to develop year round ministry activities, and to recruit and maintain volunteer base for the ministry. To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ
and to help equip children and adults who have special needs and their siblings to grow in their faith while providing respite and spiritual support for parents. Provide opportunities for program development, ministry leadership, community outreach, and connection to mission fields.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ministry activities development for Village Eulogia all year around.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers.
- Monthly Village Eulogia leadership team meetings (2 hours a month) and supplementary meetings.
- Support the Program Director regarding policies and procedures.
- Supervise, support, and mentor interns for family summer retreat (Camp Eulogia).
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings.
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Start Date: May 2019
Salary: $18,000-$20,000 depending on qualification
Additional info: A vulnerable sector check that is valid within the past 6 months required. Canadian Citizen and resides in GTA. Access to a vehicle. First Aid and CPR certified is an asset. Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification Training will be provided.
Submit cover letter and resume to Cindy Kwan (Programs Director) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6617 ]