Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
You have a passion to tell stories, through writing and photography, and delivering them in an impactful way.
You have journalistic tendencies to find stories and tell stories. You are highly personable and can gain the trust of the people you speak to as you gather stories that may be very sensitive or personal in nature and are detail oriented.
You consider yourself a storyteller and curator of stories. In this role, all stories are submitted to you first: to be collected, organized and utilized in the most impactful and relevant ways.
Success for you is measured by a storehouse full of impact stories that are organized and useful for the department and organization to draw from for fundraising, recruiting, and demonstrating God’s use of our ministry to change lives.
The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 108-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world.
Revenues: $10 Million
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
- You drive the collecting, writing and editing of stories (for use in a multitude of platforms) that are required of the department. You serve as the lead story gatherer working closely with the Copywriter. As part of your responsibilities you will collect and maintain a database of stories, and work with translators as needed to share in other languages.
- You serve as the key collector and gatherer of stories related to the organizations needs, including stories of impact, need and reporting. It’s your responsibility to maintain and organize the story database, ensuring various partners and staff have ongoing access to the resources required for their needs. You are also a contributing writer for the magazine, under the leadership of the Managing Editor, and help with its proofreading.
- You may be invited to travel internationally to gather stories, video and take photographs during evangelism campaigns. Assignments of this nature are requested by the international department in conjunction with the Communications department head.
You have a passion and interest in photography and video, using those skills to further your storytelling. You have experience in videography and editing, using gathered footage to create compelling and professional video reporting. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is strongly preferred.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, English or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of direct work experience in a marketing and communications capacity
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with videography and editing - please submit examples of video work with your application
- Exceptional command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Direct experience with creative or journalistic writing
- Team player, excellent interviewing skills, with a high degree of motivation and desire to collaborate with others to build and maintain relationships
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Location: Guelph, ON
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process:
To apply, click here
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 6633 ]