Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Director of Special Needs
Director of Special Needs
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
Terms: Part-time with the option to extend to Full time
Deadline: Open until filled
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp Ontario, located in Muskoka, is seeking to fill a part-time permanent Director of Special Needs position. Pioneer Camp is owned and operated by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship of Canada, and has been in operation since 1929. The Special Needs Director will provide oversight to the Special Needs program, which integrates campers with exceptionalities into all aspects of summer camp programming. The purpose of this position is to ensure that the Special Needs program serves campers with exceptionalities in a manner that is consistent with the values and standards of Pioneer Camp. The Special Needs Director is responsible for camper intake and assessment, communication with parents and staff, and staff training. This role requires on-site living at camp during late June to Labor Day.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong relationship with Jesus and the desire to be a good role model
- Strong understanding and love for people with exceptionalities
- Love of camping and desire to help camp continue to be an environment where people with special needs can thrive and contribute
- Knowledge and experience in camping
- Ability to work effectively on their own, as well as in a team environment
- Own transportation is required, and a valid ‘G’ class driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Laurie Russell, Manager of Administration at email@example.com
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to affirm InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6655 ]