BRAMPTON, Ontario , L6T5C6
Partners International is a Christian organization with a mission to mobilize Canadians to partner with Indigenous Christian Ministries to advance the kingdom of God. We work to bring the good news and love of Jesus to people living in the least resourced places on earth. We focus on planting churches, transforming communities and empowering women and children. We believe the love of Jesus changes lives. Our National office is located in Brampton Ontario where a team of dedicated professionals work to encourage and develop our international partners, where we create compelling stories so that Canadians and Canadian churches can hear about the work we do, and where we administrate and steward the financial resources that are generously donated to our charity.
We are a hard-working, fun loving, diverse staff that is passionate about seeing the lives of people struggling around our world transformed by hope. If you desire to be a part of something great and have a background in accounting, payroll, HR, and administration this is an excellent role for you.
This full time position reports to the CFO, with a dotted line relationship to President, and is responsible for HR administration, payroll, accounts payable, banking, administration of the office facility including contracts and leases, creation of internal policies and procedures, travel coordination of senior leaders and teams and administrative support to the Board of Directors.
Accounts Payable and Credit Card Administration:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Ensures appropriate authorization of vendor invoices, expense reports and payments
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Receiving, tracking and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing cheques.
- Credit card administration, issuing monthly statements to users, collecting receipts, coding related expenses and preparation of monthly journal entry
- Orderly filing of vendor, credit card payments and receipts
- Prepare cheque or other payment runs, obtain appropriate approvals and arrange mail, courier or other form of payment transmission
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare receipts and deposits and make bank deposits (requires regular access to a car)
HR and Payroll Administration:
- Prepare and submit bimonthly payroll deductions and remittances on a timely basis and ensure all data files are complete for transmission to ADP.
- Create and run reports from payroll and time and attendance systems.
- Act as time and attendance (PTO) administrator.
- Ensure the timely processing of journal entries into the accounting system.
- Prepare reconciliations for payroll accounts. Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Prepare T4’s, ROE’s and various payroll reports as requested. Prepare year end taxable benefit calculations for submission to ADP.
- Prepare monthly Sunlife benefits journal entry
- Track monthly pension plan deductions and prepare journal entry
- Prepare monthly CCCC pension reporting
- Coordinate employee benefits and administration as necessary.
- Monitor requirement for and pay EHT balance as required.
- Posting position vacancies, schedule interviews with eligible candidates, administrate reference checks, write offer of employment, perform criminal record checks.
- Ensure HR and Personnel records are up to date, confidential and organized.
- Prepare orientation packages and administrate the orientation process.
- Make staff wide HR related announcements (holidays, vacation schedules, office closer, etc.)
- Maintain all policy and procedure manuals and field basic employee handbook questions as they relate to HR policy and procedures.
- Oversee Data management (google drive structure) and all corporate files.
- Organizing, upkeep and procurement of office tools such as photocopiers, phones, print, shredders, postage meter, sprinklers, heating/cooling systems etc.
- Updating inventory of Stationery supplies & interaction with suppliers,
- Ordering of kitchen, office and or general supplies for the office.
- Maintaining a clean and efficient office environment, with particular attention to common areas, kitchen and board room.
- Liase with Waste Management company, office cleaners and suppliers and condominium manager.
- Maintain documentation and procedure for alarm system, key distribution.
- Liase with lease occupant of our unit, contract renewal, tenant requests, receipt of rental cheques.
- Preparation and execution of mail and couriers.
- Receive work-orders, invoices, documentation and warranties and arrange for payment.
- Prepare and administer facility, procurement and resources budgets.
- Preparation of materials for Board Meetings, work with Board Chair and President in preparation of meetings.
- Uploading of Board Minutes & maintaining and updating contact information of Board Members.
- Travel arrangements for Board when necessary, Hospitality(lunch, snacks, dinner arrangements) for Board and Senior Management Team/President of Partners International.
- Maintaining travel agendas (travel-out and travel-in calendars), communications and follow-up initiatives for staff members.
- Obtaining the ‘Deputation’ schedule from the DA department and uploading to the drive accordingly .
- Arranging travel (air tickets) for Nationals, SLT and staff while travelling on behalf of Partners International.
- Preparing, issuing & mailing Letters of Invitation & Affidavits for National Leaders/visitors visiting Partners.
- Obtaining Travel & Medical Insurance for HIA tour visitors and Discovery Trip travelers as and when required.
Skills, Knowledge and Gifting
- A heart for Global Missions and a desire to see our world changed through the person of Jesus
- Professional Integrity, Confidentiality and a high commitment to accountability.
- Bachelors degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- 3 years of experience in generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Accounts payable and financial administration experience
- Working knowledge of payroll software programs
- Courses, specialization or experience in HR administration: administration of PTO, contract writing, and other HR administration
- Experience in HR recruiting, interviewing and onboarding
- Experience negotiating and managing office leases and contracts,
- Experience managing complex projects, arranging schedules and negotiating contracts (travel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work alone and in collaboration with senior leaders.
- Ability and experience in working in a deadline focused, multi-project environment.
- Competitive salary and benefit plan
- Working for an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of the people that we serve
Please forward your resume and cover letter, including your ideal salary range to:
Attention: Operations Manager
By email: email@example.com
By mail: Partners International Canada
8500 Torbram Road, Unit 56
Brampton, ON L6T 5C6
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6657 ]