Youth Leader Intern
Youth Leader Intern
Kitchener, Ontario , N2E 3E3
Posting Type: Paid Positions
Job Category: Youth Ministry
Employment Type: Part Time
Job Title: Youth Intern
# of Openings: 1
Travel: Must have access to a vehicle
Start Date: September 3, 2019
- Responsible to Family Ministries Pastor for planning, promoting, and implementing church programs for Senior Youth (Gr 9-12)
- Work with Volunteer Youth Leaders and pastor to plan, develop and implement as well as evaluate programs for youth (recreation, fellowship, Bible Study, discipleship training, leadership training, youth retreat, mission action and outreach events).
- Ensure Plan to Protect Policy is observed at all youth ministry settings.
- Keep records of all youth participation and manage youth ministry budget.
- Communicate effectively with church staff, leadership, parents, youth and congregation (email, website, bulletin inserts, social media, powerpoint presentations).
- Provide Christian guidance to meet special needs of youth and their parents. Make yourself available to youth outside of planned youth program to build relationships.
The Youth Leader Intern will be responsible for leading the Sr Youth Ministry under the guidance of our Family Ministries Pastor. There will be opportunity to grow and learn in this Pastoral role and as a leader. The intern will be responsible to introduce youth to Christ, disciple them and train them to serve God with their lives while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Posting Expires On: May 17, 2019
Skills & Experience
Experience: 1 year
- Some formal Theological training expected.
- Born again, baptized believer
- Must embrace the Confession of Faith of the Mennonite Brethren Church
- Experience working with youth in a ministry context
- Experience working with diverse individuals and teams of volunteers
- Experience organizing events and administrative abilities
- Has a gift for teaching and loves the Word of God
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills
Payment: Hourly wage
Benefits: 10 hours per week at $16 per hour
Youth Friday Night Event 4hrs
Planning & Preparation & Admin 2.5hrs
Relationship Building & Leadership Training 3hrs
Meeting with Pastor 0.5 hrs
TOTAL Per Week 10hrs
Submit a resume and philosophy of ministry (include ministry to church youth, community youth, and training of potential leaders) to Pastor Richard Martens at email@example.com .
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6660 ]