The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Early Childhood Educators
Early Childhood Educators
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Wee Knights Childcare Centre is expanding to accommodate the demand for quality, Christ-centered childcare on PEI. We are looking for passionate, creative, registered Early Childhood Educators (ECE) to work with a diverse team of early learning and care providers, who are passionate about partnering with children and families within our community.
The Wee Knights employee is directly responsible to the director of the Centre for the welfare of the children assigned to him/her, and to God for the influence he or she has on the children. The responsibilities at Wee Knights Childcare Centre include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Pray for each student in the class on a regular basis and to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s work in the lives of the children.
- Have a competent understanding of the how the Centre operates and be in agreement with Statement of Faith and core values.
- Plan, implement and evaluate age appropriate programs to enhance the children’s development in the different areas.
- Promoting and enhance creativity within all areas of programming – creative, sensory, dramatic play, cognitive, music, science, fine/gross motor skills.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children within the centre at all times.
- Nurture working relationships with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds in our centre.
- Ensure positive communication with the director, parents, co-workers and community members using excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Fostering effective problem-solving strategies while providing supervision and guidance to the children.
- Take part in all staff meetings, in-service meetings, and professional development seminars.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the Director.
Each employee at Wee Knights Childcare Centre must have an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee will manifest by precept and example the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model (1 Timothy 4:12), both in and out of the Centre, and demonstrate conduct befitting an example to parents, and fellow employees in judgement, dignity, and Christian living. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to teach and guide children in accordance with the Bible.
Academic & Other Qualifications
- Employees hired at Wee Knights will meet the certification standards required by the Department of Early Childhood Development Association of PEI.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR – Level C.
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 6663 ]